Who thinks there clock will "spring ahead"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I live in California and my iphone 4 and my ipad 1 sprung forward with no problem. My phone is still on 4.2 and my ipad 1 is on 4.3. both are on AT&T

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon iPhone 4 here (4.2.6) and my clock did not spring forward. Am I correct in assuming it is fixed in 4.3 bizfox?

Mine is fine. Didn't do a thing. Woke up, time right on all but 1 (bleep) clock that has firmware in it that changes the time - but is the wrong date since the messed with DST dates. I really need to get rid of that (bleep) clock.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My ViPhone went the wrong way before the 2 am change. I couldn't believe it lost an hour. After 2 am, it sprung forward like it was supposed to do.

BrooklynGuy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
At about 7:30 p.m. last night, my Verizon iphone changed to 6:30. The clock in the utilities function showed the correct time however. I turned off "set time automatically" and it was correct. Turned it back on again and the same thing happened. Figuring this was another iphone time glitch, and not knowing what would happen at 2:00 a.m. when the time was supposed to change, I left the phone on manual, and set it ahead one hour at night before bed. This morning, the automatic time now seems fine. I think this was iphone related, and not Verizon time servers, as my daughter's blackberry did not have this problem last night.

I don't understand how a phone that can do so much can't get this right.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No problems here. Still on 4.2 on an iPhone 4 in Alabackwards. Of course, we need to spring 100 years forward to catch up with the rest of the world, but I'll settle for the one hour this morning.

teejaywhy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I set my 3GS 4.3 ahead before I went to bed ... I woke up at 4, compared my phone with the microwave clock and the phone was two hours ahead. So it switched automatically. I set it to the correct time and went back to sleep. Unfortunately, I set my weekday alarm and not my Sunday alarm. I woke up 15 minutes late and made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4 didn't accept the challenge during the last time change, did yours?
I had to turn off the "set automatically" button until the third day when it magically fixed itself.
Any bets history will repeat itself?:D

I trusted the phone and had no problems. The time changed on its own no problems.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 4 didn't accept the challenge during the last time change, did yours?
I had to turn off the "set automatically" button until the third day when it magically fixed itself.
Any bets history will repeat itself?:D

My iPhone did not update to the new time. I had to turn off automatic time and set it manually.

gadgetgirl88

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Glad I wasn't the only one..

Wow, with my new ViPhone, I thought I must be crazy when my phone went backwards after midnight. At midnight one of my calendar reminders went off, so I knew that the phone was fine until midnight, then when I was going to sleep it said 11:48pm. The world clocks were still right and I was running around looking for another clock to check the time thinking I lost my mind and knowing the time was supposed to go forward. Freaking out that I would not get up on-time, I set the alarm at 6 and 7 (7 being the actual time I had to get up) in case the time didn't change correctly. Then at 6 I had to run in and look at the microwave to see that it said 5 to know my clock was now right again. I think I lost an extra hour of sleep just freaking out that I wouldn't wake up on-time. But I am happy to know it was not just my phone and being new to the iPhone, had no idea this could even be a problem. Now I know better. BTW I am on 4.2.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro