No Service String: WANT TO CHANGE IT

charlie3819

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I am a complete dummy when it comes to technical stuff. That's why I'm in an high-paying office job, not a high paying scientist. (That was a joke, no offense to scientists, I respect the work they do.) Anyway, you might want to take a look at this post from modmyi. Looks extremely confusing...and what is a terminal and how do you get into it? How to change NO SERVICE string on iPhone 2G fw3.0

So, even though I have an iPhone 4 with service on it, can I just get rid of the "No Service" at the top of the status bar on my old 3G that I use simply as an iPod? (Would have given it to my daughter, but she already has an iPod Touch 4.) I have tried jailbreaking it and then using Makeitmine, FakeCarrier, FakeOperator. None of them work. They work for about two seconds after a respring, however, then the screen goes blank and when I press the home button again, all of the sudden it says "Searching..." for about five seconds, then it's back to no service. Very annoying. I need help on how to SSH into my iPhone. It's an iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77