Has Anyone Tried Simultanius Voice And Data over WIFI?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just happened to be on VZWs website logging into my Verizon acct. to check my data usage so att he same time I was looking at the Blackberry Bold 9650 coming from a Tour 9630 to an iPhone and happened to read this under the Bold discription...

The BlackBerry Bold also works with popular apps like Facebook?and Flickr?and even lets you talk and surf at the same time with simultaneous voice and data over Wi?Fi.

I copy and pasted it right from the VZW site discription and got to thinking that if they are both CDMA radios even though different OSs would it work for iPhone.

My router just went out and am going tomorrow to buy a new one so I cannot try it.

I thought I would pass this on to see if anyone else can try it and report back here if it works or not?

If it does what a great find when using WIFI either home or away.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I was on the phone when an email arrived, and the notification 'interrupted' - so yeah, I guess you could say I tried it, and found that it works. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
yes you can talk and surf at the same time using wi-fi

So you have actually tried this and it works just like AT&Ts GSM network?

I know we cannot do it over VZWs network but was surprized to see this and happy to know it actually can be done.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was on the phone when an email arrived, and the notification 'interrupted' - so yeah, I guess you could say I tried it, and found that it works. :)

What do you mean about an email coming in while on the phone and you received a notification, You can turn that off not to notify you anyway.

I am interested while on WIFI and talking on the phone, example, Can you go on speaker and surf the web looking up something like in the AT&T commercials?

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I am interested while on WIFI and talking on the phone, example, Can you go on speaker and surf the web looking up something like in the AT&T commercials?

to quote Steve Jobs: "Yes... Sent from my Verizon iPhone 4, while on a phone call"

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Since day 1. That AT&T commercial has been criticized with the guy making anniversary plans because he is at his office and most office workplaces have Wi-fi, making that something you could do with both phones. :)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Since day 1. That AT&T commercial has been criticized with the guy making anniversary plans because he is at his office and most office workplaces have Wi-fi, making that something you could do with both phones. :)

It all depends on your office. Some only allow certain devices on their wifi network and often times the iPhone doesn't cut it. At my office ( since the president of the company has an iPhone ) we created both secure and insecure networks and only allow the iPhones to connect to the insecure one. Had the president not had an iPhone at the beginning, we likely would have started with a policy that said no personal devices ( phones, tablets, etc ) connected to our network without having gone through proper provisioning with the IT dept.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2