Uh... where'd the Hotspot go?

klcrow8690

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
You must set it up first by going to Settings > General> Network > Set up personal hotspot

After that it will appear at the top of the main settings screen

Reactions: pogeypre

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's either something that has to be supported by the Carrier or having your 3G turned off doesn't give you that option. I don't have the option :( I don't have a data plan on the phone but I thought I would atleast get to see the settings. I guess I'll find out when I get a data plan in a week or so.

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, please help me out here. Probably very dumb question. I have unlimited data on our 4 iPhones on family plan. If we are traveling and grandson has iPad can he connect to our iPhones through hotspot without it costing me even more money. I sure don't want to lose unlimited. Thanks for all the help provided here.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok, please help me out here. Probably very dumb question. I have unlimited data on our 4 iPhones on family plan. If we are traveling and grandson has iPad can he connect to our iPhones through hotspot without it costing me even more money. I sure don't want to lose unlimited. Thanks for all the help provided here.

Short answer, no.

Long answer, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Reactions: anon(52425)

klcrow8690

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
No problem at all :)

To the other problem... It is possible with jailbreak, but otherwise, with stock iPhone, and the unlimited plan, no.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Even with the unlimited data plan, you would have to pay AT&T an extra (I believe) $20/month to use your phone as a personal hotspot to dole out the data you've already paid for. Lovely, ain't it?

If you haven't already updated to 4.3, you can jailbreak your phone and there are apps for purchase that will allow you to use your phone as a personal hotspot without paying AT&T a monthly charge.

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Even with the unlimited data plan, you would have to pay AT&T an extra (I believe) $20/month to use your phone as a personal hotspot to dole out the data you've already paid for. Lovely, ain't it?

If you haven't already updated to 4.3, you can jailbreak your phone and there are apps for purchase that will allow you to use your phone as a personal hotspot without paying AT&T a monthly charge.

I just got off of the phone with a AT&T rep (from another country of course) and was told that it would cost me an additional $45 monthly and I would lose my unlimited data plan! WTF is up with AT&T??:mad:

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got off of the phone with a AT&T rep (from another country of course) and was told that it would cost me an additional $45 monthly and I would lose my unlimited data plan! WTF is up with AT&T??:mad:

AT&T got rid of the unlimited plan and so you have to change plan in order to get the Wifi hotspot/tethering feature. That's just the way it goes with grandfathered plans.

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It does kind of suck to lose your unlimited plan, but thems the breaks. :) As for me, I have never had an unlimited plan with ATT, so no worries.

muckdog

Dec 15, 2010
themoneygoround.com
I was facing the exact same situation, wondering if I should upgrade to 4.3 or just jailbreak 4.2.1 and install MyWi. I don't want to lose the unlimited data plan by upgrading to a tethering plan. That's the bottom line!

(I suppose that will happen when 4G data comes to ATT, but why rush it now with 3G data..?)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73