Where is our update??

lmac4cy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe there are not enough "new" things on iOS 4.3 that we need the update. Verizon all ready has the Hotspot feature. That is the one big thing iOS 4.3 is giving to people. I could see us getting an update later this year.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon doesn't have the update...yet. When the iPhone came out for Verizon, it came with iOS 4.2.6 i believe, and AT&T still had 4.2, so AT&T got 4.3 first to catch up to where Verizon is. I'm sure Verizon will get a 4.3 similar though.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
At this momoent, 4.3 is for all iOS devices 3GS and newer except CDMA until Apple announces further

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
At this momoent, 4.3 is for all iOS devices 3GS and newer except CDMA until Apple announces further

Well it will be available for the CDMA iPad 2 as there is no distinction like there is for the iPhone on the Apple site. So technically it is available for one CDMA device at the time.

If it's available for the VZW iPad on release, there must be some specific reason why it's delayed as it is a very minor update after 4.2.6.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's no wonder we have good people leaving this site because of all the personal attacks and insults towards others. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all! And If you think the question is stupid don't waste your precious time typing a stupid answer, because there are always new users out there with questions that those of us who have been around a while might take as a dumb question but they still need an answer. NOT attacked!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well it will be available for the CDMA iPad 2 as there is no distinction like there is for the iPhone on the Apple site. So technically it is available for one CDMA device at the time.

If it's available for the VZW iPad on release, there must be some specific reason why it's delayed as it is a very minor update after 4.2.6.

I forgot about the iPad but at the keynote that Mr Jobs presented, it stated GSM only for iPhone for 4.3. there are a few nice features but the one Im impressed with most is nitro javascript in Safari Apple - iOS 4.3 Software Update

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Why go out of your way to post this, especially without posting links?
The link has now been posted, there are a few others floating around also regarding this topic, it really isn't anyones responsibility to do a search for someone else, and if the post I was referring to wasn't listed on the first page I would have actually looked it up..

It is the OP responsibility to do a search prior to posting a new thread or at minimum scroll down the first page of the forum for "current topics" according to the GENERAL POSTING GUIDELINES listed above and helpful to other readers. Because a thread started with the same topic as another one bumps another thread to a further page, it is forum etiquette per say..

I don't think anyone attacked anyone in this thread, I simply redirected, and that's ok..

Last edited:
Reactions: generik777

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The link has now been posted, there are a few others floating around also regarding this topic, it really isn't anyones responsibility to do a search for someone else, and if the post I was referring to wasn't listed on the first page I would have actually looked it up..

It is the OP responsibility to do a search prior to posting a new thread or at minimum scroll down the first page of the forum for "current topics" according to the GENERAL POSTING GUIDELINES listed above and helpful to other readers. Because a thread started with the same topic as another one bumps another thread to a further page, it is forum etiquette per say..

I don't think anyone attacked anyone in this thread, I simply redirected, and that's ok..

WOW forum police, give me a break. If you wanted to be helpful you could have posted some links, instead you just post to put someone down. Waste of forum space.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually, no, seeing this same topic in 5 threads this week IS wasting forum space.

If she is like me and surfing at work via iPhone, should it really be her job to search because the OP is lazy?

No offense intended to all the lazies out there :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shimojunk

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So can anyone tell me, if I have a jailbroken phone and I upgrade, does it wipe out my jailbreak and the apps? Is so, no thanks on an upgrade. LOL

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So can anyone tell me, if I have a jailbroken phone and I upgrade, does it wipe out my jailbreak and the apps? Is so, no thanks on an upgrade. LOL

Yes, if you are jailbroken, you have to wait until there is a new jailbreak each time Apple releases a new iOS update. Otherwise, as you stated, you will lose your jailbreak and apps.

Reactions: shimojunk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

restore your phone first if your jailbroken. What we call virginize. Never install a new OS over a JB or you may have problems. For example, I did that once and my data would no longer work until a restore back to factory was complete

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I forgot about the iPad but at the keynote that Mr Jobs presented, it stated GSM only for iPhone for 4.3. there are a few nice features but the one Im impressed with most is nitro javascript in Safari Apple - iOS 4.3 Software Update

That's the same feature I am looking forwards too. With no home Internet safari has become my best friend. Maybe some comparisons will pop up soon showing the real world speed boost.

cp9102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm just guessing here, but i'm willing to bet that Verizon customers won't see an ios 4.3 update until the release of the iphone 5 in June which will likely have 4.3 on it? Again just a guess.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice