I'm sure I'm not the only one...
who doesn't have an Iphone yet...but stalks this forum religiously.
I'm trying to hold out till the 5th version as TMO is cutting off data service on the phone I have now as they will no longer be supporting it as of May 30th. But, I don't know if I can.
I just want to say thanks for all the helpful posts. I'm hoping to be a pro when I finally do get mine.
- 03-09-2011, 09:37 AM #2
- 03-09-2011, 10:11 AM #4
- 03-09-2011, 10:17 AM #5
My in law has a sidekick and she is that as an opportunity to end her contract with T-Mobile without incurring an ETF. All T-mobile sidekick users who want to end contract without ETF has to do it between March 31st and May 31st.
- 03-09-2011, 10:39 AM #6
I think it would be wise to wait until this summer, to see what Apple unveils. I think purchasing a iPhone 4, either the GSM or CDMA variant, right now, although not necessarily a terrible thing, would put you in the position of having an outdated piece of hardware three months from now. The iPhone 4 has had its share of issues, too, and rumors are (and they're only that) the antenna issues plagued by having an externally-exposed antenna will go away if/when they move it back inside the housing, behind the Apple logo. I know I'm holding off until this summer, my 3GS works just fine, and the 4 is the first phone I've skipped since the original 2G iPhone. I'll also be close to out of contract by then and can look at better options.
- 03-09-2011, 10:58 AM #9
Your contract won't be up when iPhone 6 comes out. It'll be up just before iPhone 7 comes out. In any case, it's definitely worth it to wait. iOS 5 is going to bring some awesome new features, and there will definitely be features that only the iPhone 5 will be able to use. I STRONGLY suggest that you wait. It's only a 1-2 month wait after you cancel your contract in May.
Unfortunately I don't want to be left hanging without a phone for 2 months and who knows if it will be released then. I realize they have a track record...but...
It so annoys me to no end how fast they put out new phones. Luckily, I usually hold on to my phones for at least 2 years anyway before upgrading.
It would be nice to hang on till version 5 just for the antenna fix that will most like be included...as I will probably go with AT&T since the phone can be used internationally.
- 03-09-2011, 11:24 AM #11
- 03-09-2011, 02:05 PM #13
- 03-09-2011, 02:23 PM #15
- 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM #17
- 03-10-2011, 04:07 PM #18
- 03-10-2011, 04:31 PM #19
Once I was fed up enough with my blackberry and decided to finally go with the iPhone, I decided to wait for the iPhone 4. I thought about getting a 3Gs to tie me over, but they were still pretty expensive back then. I even tried swapping my 9700 for a 3Gs on craigslist. Now I know why nobody would want to trade. Loving my iPhone.
- 03-10-2011, 09:41 PM #20
I am getting a case for it, i'll prob get a bumper for now, but then either get the Barely there case or Pop case.
I'll def get a screen protector
Prob won't jailbreak it until i get bored of the phone
Don't even joke around.
I feel like you're making fun of me lmaooo
- 03-10-2011, 10:33 PM #21
- 03-10-2011, 11:45 PM #22
getting a cheap smartphone for now is your best bet if you're trying to wait for the i5 to drop.
i honestly never had problems until i moved into this house with reception. verizon and t-mobile suck in here too and is because of how the house is built. my sprint devices the best service (3 bars). i did however get MicroCell, so I always have excellent service, at home or out and about. I'm in the NYC region (North Jersey).
- 03-11-2011, 01:34 AM #23
- 03-11-2011, 08:53 AM #25