Vzw did me dirty.. until I fought back

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
After buying my wifes iphone I immediately fell in love, had to get rid of my droid for one. Long story short I had a vzw rep on the phone tell me I "could" use an upgrade from my parents account and transfer it to mine with no issues. Worried of running into warranty issues I stressed this issue explaining what I wanted to do again I was assured there would not be an issue or transferring it to my account afterwards asking him to note it to my account of our conversation. He said NP done.

Fast forward 1 day after I switch phone to my account, I notice phone has the "yellow" hue(contrast) is off compared to my wifes phone. After some googling the issue I found there are alot or people with this problem and it's not the glue spot issue. Most would go unnoticed unless compared to another phone at the same brightness.

At the store I run into a huge problem with them even saying the phone was faulty then the issue of voiding the warranty came into play explaining to me that as soon as I transfered it to my account the warranty was voided. I told them what the rep said and they did not believe me and thought I was trying to scam with the manager being very rude. I simply stated what happened and after some arguing he replaced the phone for free but said any further issues I would be responsible for.

Not happy with this at all after some arguing on the phone with a vzw manager about the "notes" on my account which were non existent I got them to give me the $2 a month extended warranty for free for 2 years. This way my phone is covered with no issues. Unable to adjust my account every month they credited me $48.

Moral of the story if I went down without a fight I would have been screwed, if you think they are not holding up their part of your agreement def stick to your guns.

Again, I was not trying to scam them the rep on the phone offered me the "alternate" upgrade.

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
the rep on the phone provided you the wrong information in the first place, sorry to hear that.

when a phone is purchased on an account, the warranty is tied to that account. as such, when you transferred the phone to a different account, the warranty does not transfer.

those who helped you in the store, whether they were rude or not, were providing you the right information.

a bit of knowledge for the future.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The phone would have still been under warranty through Apple. Had you taken the device to an Apple store ( after making an appointment with them ), they would have taken 1 look at it and swapped it out for you.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The funny part is that I bet the give that iPhone to someone else and hope that they don't notice... Also, the notes on your account do exist, i have notes on my account about an upgrade, and when i called a different rep to see if they saw the notes, they said yes and they acknowledged that there were notes saying my upgrade can be a week early.

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The funny part is that I bet the give that iPhone to someone else and hope that they don't notice... Also, the notes on your account do exist, i have notes on my account about an upgrade, and when i called a different rep to see if they saw the notes, they said yes and they acknowledged that there were notes saying my upgrade can be a week early.

the notes only exist if i (or the rep) types them in...

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
the notes only exist if i (or the rep) types them in...

This is the problem I ran into, he told me he would add them but did not. That rep is clearly at fault.

the rep on the phone provided you the wrong information in the first place, sorry to hear that.

when a phone is purchased on an account, the warranty is tied to that account. as such, when you transferred the phone to a different account, the warranty does not transfer.

those who helped you in the store, whether they were rude or not, were providing you the right information.

a bit of knowledge for the future.

This is the info I THOUGHT but was assured by a sleazy rep otherwise, after going through this I figured it out. Whether the info at the store was correct or not the manager was an jerk. I feel the only reason they helped me was because I was making a stink in front of other customers.

I have never used an apple product before, I was unaware you could go into an apple store for warranty issues. I'm guessing these are covered by a 1 year purchase warranty?

I could never go into a rim or motorola store in the past for repair only verizon.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
In the end, they did take care of you, the customer, so not so sure I would say they "did you dirty"..the problem is that there are many reps that are not as informed as others, I always escalate my concerns/questions, etc. to a supervisor and have never had an issue.. they always take care of me..

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site

So, have you decided to get the ViP4 after all?

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So, have you decided to get the ViP4 after all?

I think i am almost certain I am going to get the Iphone 4, unless for some reason the Thunderbolt comes out before Saturday and has some features that aren't stated lol And i cannot wait to get the iPhone 5.... too long of a wait.

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just because someone gives out misinfo doesnt mean they are trying to scam you. Misinformation is on accident, lying is on purpose. Sure, it's a pain in the ass either way, but dont assume malicious intent on the part of the representative. Not only will that help keep you less pissed off, it will also make everyone else you deal with in the company MUCH nicer to deal with. Trust me...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm kind of confused with all these people getting their iPhone's exchanged, serviced, etc. by Verizon. Did something change in the agreement? If I take my iPhone into AT&T they won't even look at it, they have always sent me and anyone directly to Apple. If I call the tech support they will listen to the problem and then connect me to Apple support. The only thing I know AT&T will do is take the iPhone back, even if it breaks in the 14 day return window they have sent me to Apple and would not exchange it there.

Why is Verizon servicing iPhones and AT&T is not?

JasonR02

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got my iPhone last night. They tried to talk me into getting the $10 a month insurance through them at the Verizon store last night. I didn't get it, but they said I had 30 days to decide. Above is mentioned taking it to an Apple store. Is my iPhone covered for hardware issues for a 1 yr with Apple or do I need to get insurance either through Verizon or with something like Apple Care?

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got my iPhone last night. They tried to talk me into getting the $10 a month insurance through them at the Verizon store last night. I didn't get it, but they said I had 30 days to decide. Above is mentioned taking it to an Apple store. Is my iPhone covered for hardware issues for a 1 yr with Apple or do I need to get insurance either through Verizon or with something like Apple Care?

If you think it will never be stolen, lost, dropped and the list goes on, don't get insurance..Apple will cover hardware only (see below), but your not guaranteed anything else, even with Apple Care..

"How long is my iPhone covered by Apple?s warranty?
Apple's Limited Warranty for iPhone covers your iPhone for one year. Warranty service for eligible repairs is available at no charge for twelve months from the date of original retail purchase ("date of purchase")."

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Yes, you have 1 year of coverage from Apple directly; doesn't matter if you get your iPhone from AT&T, Verizon, Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack, etc. It's hardware and OS related support only; damage, loss, or theft are not covered.

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of confused with all these people getting their iPhone's exchanged, serviced, etc. by Verizon. Did something change in the agreement? If I take my iPhone into AT&T they won't even look at it, they have always sent me and anyone directly to Apple. If I call the tech support they will listen to the problem and then connect me to Apple support. The only thing I know AT&T will do is take the iPhone back, even if it breaks in the 14 day return window they have sent me to Apple and would not exchange it there.

Why is Verizon servicing iPhones and AT&T is not?

Verizon will service the phone unlike att, makes things alot easier for customers.

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just because someone gives out misinfo doesnt mean they are trying to scam you. Misinformation is on accident, lying is on purpose. Sure, it's a pain in the ass either way, but dont assume malicious intent on the part of the representative. Not only will that help keep you less pissed off, it will also make everyone else you deal with in the company MUCH nicer to deal with. Trust me...

I never posted that verizon tried to scam me. I simply posted they gave me foul info, then while arguing in store they claimed i was scamming.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner