iphone & snow: an open letter to Steve Jobs

rlewisphilly

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Dear Mr. Jobs:
I wanted to share some rather amazing news that happened today!
My fiancee and I are both iphone 4 users. Several weeks ago, she (Jennifer) dropped her phone during a heavy snow storm in the parking lot of a local restaurant.
We looked for a a day or two and then gave up on it. She actually went out and purchased a new iphone since we figured the original phone was a gonner. The parking lot, which received over a foot of snow, where she dropped the phone, was plowed and had snow banks several feet high for weeks.
Today (3/6/2011), we received a call from the restaurant letting us know that when they we're taking out some trash, they actually found the phone in their parking lot. They charged it and it WORKS FINE!
The only protection the phone had was a black bumper. Several weeks in snow, cold, moisture and being plowed did not trash the phone.
Great stuff! We thought you would like to know!

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i doubt he does look at the forums, but that's a pretty cool story. However im sure there are stories where someone dropped their phone in snow and it broke instantly.

Relznuk

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Steve Jobs reads these forums. Glad to hear the iPhone was fine.

Doesn't matter - I think that the OP is just expressing his/her joy at the situation by sharing the story in a creative way. Congrats, generik777! Glad the iPhone turned out OK!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh