vzw iphone battery curiousity

Zdrake09

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I recently got mine on tuesday. Just trying to get a grip on if my battery is good or not. I did a cycle today around 2pm and took it off the charger at around 4:15pm 100%.

right now it at 79% and 1 hr 52 min use 3 hr 56 min standby

I have brightness at around 20% or 30%

all push not. is off , wifi is off

Ive been texting in the period of time since the charge but not excessivly

had 1 phone call for like 1 min, downloaded 4 apps and took 2 pictures.

was on safari for about 5 or 10 min

I can accept if this is normal usage i just want to make sure.

thank you fr any information

:)

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure the specifics but I took my phone off the charger last night at 9pm, use it for some browsing, texts and a netflix movie. Stopped using it about 1am and today at 12pm I still had 70%.

Coming from my droid X I could not be happier.

This phone seems to use no battery while not in use unlike my androids. (even with proper battery modes)

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure the specifics but I took my phone off the charger last night at 9pm, use it for some browsing, texts and a netflix movie. Stopped using it about 1am and today at 12pm I still had 70%.

Coming from my droid X I could not be happier.

This phone seems to use no battery while not in use unlike my androids. (even with proper battery modes)

Agreed, standby time is amazing. I only lose about 1% per hour if I'm not using the phone, could NEVER get that with my evo, which would lose about 5% per hour when not in use.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
My phone has been quiet today. Five emails using gmail push and about ten texts. Fifteen minutes of Facebook and twitter. And a few minutes on safari. It has been off the charger for ten or eleven hours. One quick phone call for two minutes. Wifi is on, location on and brightness is at 75%.

My battery is at 90%.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, standby time is amazing. I only lose about 1% per hour if I'm not using the phone, could NEVER get that with my evo, which would lose about 5% per hour when not in use.

+2. Coming out of a Droid Incredible, cannot believe how long the battery lasts!:cool:

Zdrake09

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
update. so im at 65% now with 2hr 56 min usage and 7 hr 23 min standby

other than texting and playing cube runner for like 2 min i had about 25min of phone calls

What do you think about my battery stats?

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My battery sucked until I power cycled it, now it seems better than my old blackberry's. I usually have the brightness at around 50% and I regularly close out apps not in use.

CPColley

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i take mine off the charger at 8am every morning and dont put it back on till like 12ish. with texting all day and a few phone calls, some game playing and safari usage, wifi little and brightness near 50-60 i usually have anywhere from 60-75% left

Zdrake09

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Im at 18% with 6 hrs 29 min usgage and 22 hrs 27 min standby

I think its pretty normal haha

Im sure i could probably get another hour out of it before it shut off

P@t

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Initially my battery life wasn't incredible. Much better than my droid. But after a few charging cycles the battery life seems to have stabilized. I get more than a full day even with a lit of Internet, emails, texts, decent but of phone.

My battery will drain faster if the 3G signal is weak in a certain area/ town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vorpal279

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
To piggyback on this topic...

Does anybody's battery life decrease drastically when you turn the phone off? I have to turn mine off when I'm at work, and it usually has decreased by 20% when I turn it back on.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
ae7e5af3-75e1-f40a.jpg

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Can someone try something out for me and let me know what happens. I have generally had acceptable battery life. I have been JBen for as long as I've had my iPhone and I know the JB itself generally doesn't have an effect on battery life. This is a story for a whole other thread, but I must say that while theming I experienced some battery drain from one of my lockscreens I'm guessing because of the interval it was polling for the weather. I changed it and that's when I started having some wonky battery life one day it was great like usual and the next day doing the exact same thing with the same setup by noon I was in the 60s. So yesterday I plugged my phone in to charge and then powered it off. This is the only way you can turn the phone off while plugged in otherwise it will power back on once it's plugged in to the USB cable. I let it charge half the day, I didn't need to use it anyway. Then later I powered it on and have been using it as usual and now my battery life is back to normal. So if someone with battery issues could try this out and let me know whether it made a difference? or no difference at all?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods