Is there anything that the GSM Iphone4 Doesn't Do that you wish that it could?

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I want to hear from your GSM iPhone4 owners.

Is there anything else you would like to see in the iPhone4?

I think they nailed it with the GSM version of the iPhone4. And I'm coming from a Blackberry Storm.......well actually 4 of them, after taking so many of them back to Verizon due to issues, but I digress.

The capability of simultaneous voice and data over 3G and when no wifi source is available, better management of conference calling capabilities, and texting than it's CDMA counterpart, I think this is the iphone4 in it's finest rendition.

With the updated iOS 4.3, even more goodies are to follow.

I know the folks waited a long time for the Verizon iPhone, but when they got it, it's almost like they were sold an iPhone without the functionality of it's GSM version

I've owned the iPhone4 now since Labor Day, and I can't think of anything else I want in a smart phone.

What about you?

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty much perfect for me. There's nothing else I need out of a phone. I had the 3GS and my wish list for the 4 was flash for the camera, multitasking, better battery life. It delivered on all 3. If I nitpicked I wish instant messaging apps would update in the background and better notifications.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The hardware is pretty solid so anything I'd be asking for is not because it's lacking but because it would be a want. The OS however still has some things that could be improved. If you go to the iOS5 wishlist thread you'll see most of them. I don't want to repeat my list from there but the things that are most important to me would be notification overhaul. They should take BiteSMS(Jailbreak app) and Lockinfo(Jailbreak app) and squish them into one and make it the Apple notification system. The other thing I would ask for is app queing in the AppStore it's annoying to be thrown back to the desktop after installing one app. If you want to install five apps it will take a bit of energy.

Relznuk

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I've used a lot of smartphones in the past few years, including the Nexus S, BlackBerry Torch, HTC Surround, and many of Nokia's Symbian-based devices before Symbian died. While the iPhone 4 isn't perfect, and the hardware of the iPhone 4 may not top the charts on specs, the software experience on the iPhone is the best I've seen on any phone, ever, from any manufacturer, and running any platform (especially if you're also a Mac user!)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Aside from the way Apple has locked down the alerts/ringtones/text message alerts, no. And jailbreaking has solved most of the outstanding issues for me...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox