Carrier settings update on VZW iPhone?

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I woke up this morning with a message on my iPhone that said I had a carrier settings update....would I like to install it? :confused:

Because it is jb'd I dared NOT to (I see how this is going to be a constant issue) so I declined.

The big Q is...did ANYONE ELSE get this update and if so what did it do??

MODS, please DELETE this thread!!!!

Last edited:

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
About carrier settings updates in iTunes

Carrier settings updates are small files (about 10k) that are downloaded from iTunes to be installed on your iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi + 3G. The carrier settings can include updates to the default APN (how the device accesses the carrier's cellular data network). The carrier settings for iPhone also include special dialing codes at Settings > Phone > Carrier Services, default settings for Stocks, Maps, Weather, and other items. You should install the latest carrier settings updates for your device as soon as they are available.

muzikmyke

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A fix for push email???

About carrier settings updates in iTunes

Carrier settings updates are small files (about 10k) that are downloaded from iTunes to be installed on your iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi + 3G. The carrier settings can include updates to the default APN (how the device accesses the carrier's cellular data network). The carrier settings for iPhone also include special dialing codes at Settings > Phone > Carrier Services, default settings for Stocks, Maps, Weather, and other items. You should install the latest carrier settings updates for your device as soon as they are available.

Since this update could potentially change the way the phone accesses the carrier network, do you think that this could be a fix for the problems that a lot of us have been experiencing with Microsoft Exchange and MobileMe push email not working? Because it almost seems like after awhile, the phone drops the IP connection that allows the server to find the phone.

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
LOL! Got me on that one! Yeah, I searched but missed it...darn Adam and Eve made me imperfect! How did you get away from being a sinner???? :p

PS, Why isnt this thread deleted yet???