Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Carrier settings update on VZW iPhone?

I woke up this morning with a message on my iPhone that said I had a carrier settings update....would I like to install it?

Because it is jb'd I dared NOT to (I see how this is going to be a constant issue) so I declined.

The big Q is...did ANYONE ELSE get this update and if so what did it do??

MODS, please DELETE this thread!!!!
    Last edited by Munchkinsdad; 03-05-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    Everyone else is just confused...
    MKD
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Carrier settings updates are small files (about 10k) that are downloaded from iTunes to be installed on your iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi + 3G. The carrier settings can include updates to the default APN (how the device accesses the carrier's cellular data network). The carrier settings for iPhone also include special dialing codes at Settings > Phone > Carrier Services, default settings for Stocks, Maps, Weather, and other items. You should install the latest carrier settings updates for your device as soon as they are available.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Already a thread about this. search around before making a thread
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1
    Live, Laugh, Love and then there's...Apple!
    "It Just Works!"
    iPhone 5 32GB | iMac | MacBook Pro | iPad WiFi 32GB | Apple TV 2 | AirPort Extreme
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    The Latest

Question A fix for push email???

Quote Originally Posted by beastcmg View Post

Carrier settings updates are small files (about 10k) that are downloaded from iTunes to be installed on your iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi + 3G. The carrier settings can include updates to the default APN (how the device accesses the carrier's cellular data network). The carrier settings for iPhone also include special dialing codes at Settings > Phone > Carrier Services, default settings for Stocks, Maps, Weather, and other items. You should install the latest carrier settings updates for your device as soon as they are available.
    Since this update could potentially change the way the phone accesses the carrier network, do you think that this could be a fix for the problems that a lot of us have been experiencing with Microsoft Exchange and MobileMe push email not working? Because it almost seems like after awhile, the phone drops the IP connection that allows the server to find the phone.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by shipwresler125 View Post
    Already a thread about this. search around before making a thread
    Have nothing better to do than be dumb? I saw that and thus the delete message. I cannot delete it myself
    MKD
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Munchkinsdad View Post
    Have nothing better to do than be dumb? I saw that and thus the delete message. I cannot delete it myself
    Well if you would have searched before posting you would have realized. Just saying im not the one being dumb you are by not searching for similar posts. smh
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    iOS Version

LOL! Got me on that one! Yeah, I searched but missed it...darn Adam and Eve made me imperfect! How did you get away from being a sinner????

PS, Why isnt this thread deleted yet???
    MKD