seeking some knowledge

grimreaper89

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
So here's the deal i am curretly eligible for an early upgrade and i currently own the motorola droid. The reason why im looking into upgrading my phone is that the right side of the screen on my droid does not work, my speakers does not work well, my warranty is also up, and also my battery dies within 5-6 hours. What i'm looking for in a phone are the capablities to: text moderately, at least a full day of use, youtube every now and then, have my emails pushed to my phone. So i'm seeking some knowledge before towards a good decision seeing the fact that i'll have this phone for the next 20 months

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone does all three of those things you mentioned magnificently. I have owned 6 Droid versions. Never again will I own another one. I've found my phone for life :)

Reactions: ivybiznatch

grimreaper89

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
thank you for the advice, it's just that the iphone is 3g n i know that over the next 20 month most people may be carrying 4g and not to mention apple may release a 4g iphone. That's also one of the reason why i find it hard to make my decision and i'm basically a noob at this.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Every day that you wait, you miss out on having a great phone, ESPECIALLY if your Droid is on its last leg. You, like everyone else, are wondering...when will my area have 4G and when will they come out with a 4G iPhone. Lots of unanswered questions. My particular stance was...I will cross that bridge when I get to it. In the mean time, I will be able to enjoy the current iPhone.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I understand that you are concerned about 4G, but unless you live in a major city, i wouldn't expect it to be in your area in 2011 or possibly 2012. Verizon says that 4G capabilities' coverage will equal 3G's coverage in 2013. So in other words, in 2013, 4G will be the new 3G for Verizon.

grimreaper89

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I understand that you are concerned about 4G, but unless you live in a major city, i wouldn't expect it to be in your area in 2011 or possibly 2012. Verizon says that 4G capabilities' coverage will equal 3G's coverage in 2013. So in other words, in 2013, 4G will be the new 3G for Verizon.

i live in NYC and 4g is available there

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
The only other option is to wait for one of the 4G handsets, perhaps the Thunderbolt. But if your main attractions are email, texting and sometimes youtube, 3G should be fine.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Go to this Verizon link to see if there is 4G in your area, 4G LTE will go nationwide in 2013 according to Verizon Information..

Personally Im not hung up on the 4G at this point, I don't have it in my area so it is a non issue if it's not even available in your area and the areas that you travel in..

4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I live in NYC also and since there are no 4G phones currently available and I had a blackberry on it's last legs I went for an iPhone and absolutely love it. I figure by the time my next upgrade rolls around there will be plenty of 4G phones to choose from so it won't be a problem. I get the same awesome service I always have and I can't see you having a problem with a 3G phone with what you want to use it for.

Reactions: grimreaper89

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I live in NYC also and since there are no 4G phones currently available and I had a blackberry on it's last legs I went for an iPhone and absolutely love it. I figure by the time my next upgrade rolls around there will be plenty of 4G phones to choose from so it won't be a problem. I get the same awesome service I always have and I can't see you having a problem with a 3G phone with what you want to use it for.

+1. You currently have 2 options - get it now or wait, right? I you wait to access 4G, you'll have to get the first pone offering it, even if the phone sucks, AND pay an extra $10 a month. The iPhone 4 is arguably the best 3G phone; if you get it now you get the experience of owning said phone AND when your update is ready again you'll have a ton of 4G phones to choose from and can pick the best option available.

Reactions: grimreaper89

ivybiznatch

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I had 4 Android phones, all of which were horrendous on battery & issues. I was due for my last annual upgrade on a 2 year contract and got the iPhone. I love it!!! Droid has nothing on the iPhone. I live just outside of Boston, and there is 4G here, but I really wanted the iPhone. You can't go wrong with the iPhone. I went all day yesterday, from 6am to 10pm, without having to plug it in...and that was with texting, some internet & Youtube, and calls. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2