Verizon's "carrier update" available

Mkstretch

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
is it just coincidence? Usually when you put the phone in vibrate or back to ring the screen comes on with a bell, not after I did the update.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
is it just coincidence? Usually when you put the phone in vibrate or back to ring the screen comes on with a bell, not after I did the update.

mine doesnt do that when i switch from vibrate to ring but if i switch from ring to vibrate it vibrates but it did that before the update too.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I did the update the other night and mine still comes up with the bell when I switch back and forth. That's odd that it has stopped for some people.

P@t

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
My speeds seemed to have improved. I was hovering around the 0.40-0.50 Mbps range. Anything above 0.50 was a spike but always came back to slower speeds.

Today was very surprised to see 1.3 Mbps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fritzhl

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I got the message to update. I did it, I am JB, but now I can only make 1 call out from the phone app then have to restart the phone to make another call out. Is this due to the update, JB, or both? Should I call Verizon? I don't want to loose my JB

JRoid

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...interesting...

I just looked at my wife's phone and noticed something I didn't have on my phone. Under notifications was a Hotspot tab that was there. I thought that was awesome and was jealous. It was much more convenient to connect to the mobile hotspot from here, instead of going to general settings. When I updated her phone to the verizon update, it seemed to disappear. I would like to get this option back. Let me know if anyone has noticed this as well.

THanks.

xmnj

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I just looked at my wife's phone and noticed something I didn't have on my phone. Under notifications was a Hotspot tab that was there. I thought that was awesome and was jealous. It was much more convenient to connect to the mobile hotspot from here, instead of going to general settings. When I updated her phone to the verizon update, it seemed to disappear. I would like to get this option back. Let me know if anyone has noticed this as well.

THanks.

I have the mobile hot spot in the same place, but it only popped up there after I enabled the service. It's been there ever since, even after I disabled the mobile hot spot service from Verizon. I feel it's a been dangerous, as it can be turned on by accident, then one is stuck paying per MB.

mictrostar

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
found an answer

Re: Carrier update for the iphone??

Options

All it does is change how the phone behaves regarding data roaming: before the update, with data roaming off you only get data on the VzW network. After the update, you can also get data on their partner networks (you can roam on Sprint, US Cellular, ACS, etc, etc at no charge as part of your VzW service) with the data roaming setting turned off.

That's the only thing it changes. If you're not in one of the "extended network" areas, it won't affect you and is not worth worrying about.

I found and pasted this from another site so no credit goes to me for the answer and hopefully no bad feedback if it was wrong LMAO

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
i did the "*228 option 2" last night from my house and it somehow made my reception better. my signal bars were getting 4 bars instead of 2-3(which i was getting before i did the carrier update dial).

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Did the update and didn't really notice much change, but could see the benefits mentioned by others as a possibility. My reception is way better than my co-worker's AT&T version so no complaints here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711