Verizon's "carrier update" available

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
About carrier settings updates in iTunes
or
iOS 4: About over-the-air carrier settings updates

Carrier settings updates are small files (about 10k) that are downloaded from iTunes to be installed on your iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi + 3G. The carrier settings can include updates to the default APN (how the device accesses the carrier's cellular data network). The carrier settings for iPhone also include special dialing codes at Settings > Phone > [Carrier] Services, default settings for Stocks, Maps, Weather, and other items. You should install the latest carrier settings updates for your device as soon as they are available.

Good find, Thanks for the info. :)

southunder

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't delivered automatically. You have to go into the settings, or perhaps when you connect to iTunes it will alert you. I still keep telling mine "no" when I got into settings and about :)

Mine was already at 10.1 when I went to take a look. I never even got a notification about it.

teambeek

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
3 Way Calling

I don't think this update fixed the issue with 3 way calling but I did see mine go to 10.1.

Does anyone new if the new ios update will fix the 3 way calling glitch? It wont allow me to disconnect one of the parties without disconnecting both.

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
uhhh...i didn't see a download page or anything..the carrier information just instantly changed to 10.1...is this the normal result?

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't delivered automatically. You have to go into the settings, or perhaps when you connect to iTunes it will alert you. I still keep telling mine "no" when I got into settings and about :)
Mine was automatically delivered, just assumed everyones was, I hadn't gone into settings or synced and I'm not JB...weird..oh well..

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine was automatically delivered, just assumed everyones was, I hadn't gone into settings or synced and I'm not JB...weird..oh well..

I probably came off and little uppity, and I apologize. I think those of us who are JB, it doesn't push. Who the heck knows. But again, I do apologize.

P@t

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Some users at Macrumors forum are reporting higher 3G speeds. I too had some increase in speeds.

Reception did improve as I now sport 4 bars instead of the usual 2-3 while at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm jailbroken and have (almost) everything customized exactly the way I want, so I'm hesitant to do the carrier update for fear of messing up my setup. I know that fellow JB'ed users have not reported any problems yet, but still.......:confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711