Battery Dying Too Quickly

714X

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I've recently noticed that out of nowhere, my iPhone 4's battery has been going down hill. In the last half hour I've dropped from 78% to a good 65% with only a couple text messages in that time span. Usually my phone would last all day and finish at around ~30%. Any reason that it's acting up like this? :confused::confused:

courier

Mar 5, 2011
www.CourierQuotes.com.au
trick is to charge up 150% as soon as you actually get it. Batteries act like a memory they recall their first charge. With any sort of battery charge them up big time before you play with your new toys.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There are so many things to consider. Perhaps opening your task manager and quit everything and reboot. I don't quit my apps through task manager I just let the Apple OS handle it but sometimes in cases like this I might go through my apps and reboot. It's hard to say have you installed an app lately? I noticed once that Bakery Story or any of the Story games was draining my battery even if I wasn't running it or hadn't run it for days. So if you've installed new apps before this started happening kill the app for a day to see how it affects your battery power. Did you change any settings when this started to happen? let us know.

714X

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. This morning I took my phone off the charger at 10:00, and for the next two hours I didn't use it or touch it or receive anything & it only dropped one percent. However, from the moment I start texting or using the web it seems as if the battery drops 1% every ~2-3 minutes. I've tried disabling the 3G & all of that but to no avail.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. This morning I took my phone off the charger at 10:00, and for the next two hours I didn't use it or touch it or receive anything & it only dropped one percent. However, from the moment I start texting or using the web it seems as if the battery drops 1% every ~2-3 minutes. I've tried disabling the 3G & all of that but to no avail.

Well using the web will drain the battery because the screen is on the whole time while you browse, respond and read. The screen is one of the biggest draws of battery power on the phone.

David Allan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, battery life is a common issue in all cell phones especially in smart phones. In my opinion, if your battery is dying quickly, it might be possible your mobile phone battery must be inflated due to overcharging and you need to replace it.

ata822

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem start the past couple of days. I always charge my phone before I go to bed and again when I wake up in the morning. I almost never over charge it. And usually it only drops 4-5%. But now it goes from 95% to 60% while just sitting there. And last night when I went to bed I was at 50% and I woke up and it was dead. Before I went to bed I killed all my Apps etc... Before this happened I had dent downloaded any new apps or changed any settings from how they where. I'm rely stumped because I've always done everything I can to preserve my battery.

...And not sure if it's related but my headphone jack stopped working out of nowhere the day before...

Zachary Neyhart

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem! I won't be using it at all then I pick it up and mine drains about 10% every 20 mins!!! And the battery just got replaced when the phone got replaced because of a screen problem! I don't understand!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73