FaceTime

brittanyh

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 4 today from Verzion.. I love it! :D

I do have one question.. isn't there supposed to be a FaceTime icon on the homescreen?

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
If you wanna facetime someone go into your contacts and select the person, then hit the Facetime button. As said above to facetime icon is just for the iPods/iPads.

Reactions: brittanyh

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Definitely! I was actually thinking of buying my husband an iPod Touch 4G just so I'd have someone to FaceTime with! :rolleyes:

My girlfriend is the only other person i know with one. So i am actively trying to recruit other to the ip4 as well:D So i have someone else to blad to on facetime..lol.:D

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Heather and Brttany should PM each other their phone numbers and they use it for awhile then others can get in the group :)

ShannonDavis

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I remember when I first got my Blackberry Storm. I didn't have any friends that had Blackberries and I wanted to try Blackberry Messenger. Finally, a co-worker got one. We used BBM and it was pretty awesome. I now have the iPhone. I can Facetime anyone that has the iPhone, iPod, or a Mac IF we are both in a wifi area. I have used it and it is nice. You can do the same with Skype and neither has to be in wifi area and it crosses mfg and carrier boundaries.

cmpdblue

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I remember when I first got my Blackberry Storm. I didn't have any friends that had Blackberries and I wanted to try Blackberry Messenger. Finally, a co-worker got one. We used BBM and it was pretty awesome. I now have the iPhone. I can Facetime anyone that has the iPhone, iPod, or a Mac IF we are both in a wifi area. I have used it and it is nice. You can do the same with Skype and neither has to be in wifi area and it crosses mfg and carrier boundaries.

I was in the same boat when I first got my BB Storm. There were a bunch of groups in the social section where folks could exchange BB PINs with member other members of the group.

The difference here is that, with BBM, you could only exchange your PIN without provided any other information, such as phone number, unless you wanted to. With Facetime, you have to have the person's phone number or email address in order to Facetime with them.

At least with BBM, if you happen across someone you later decide, um, should be deleted :) it was easy to do so, and the other party wouldn't be able to contact you again. Facetime is a little different - something to consider....

brittanyh

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat when I first got my BB Storm. There were a bunch of groups in the social section where folks could exchange BB PINs with member other members of the group.

The difference here is that, with BBM, you could only exchange your PIN without provided any other information, such as phone number, unless you wanted to. With Facetime, you have to have the person's phone number or email address in order to Facetime with them.

At least with BBM, if you happen across someone you later decide, um, should be deleted :) it was easy to do so, and the other party wouldn't be able to contact you again. Facetime is a little different - something to consider....

That thought had crossed my mind.. but that's why conversation boundaries can be set, if you know what I mean.

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Tango

Just download this app on your Iphone 4 or Ipad and you can invite others with iphone or others with the front facing camera to join you on a live video chat. This app uses your data system (3 G) as oppose to face time WIFI.
My wife and I use it daily when WIFI not available.

p3ezi(4)

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If you ever decide to jailbreak your phone open cydia and buy my3g it allows you to use FaceTime anywhere without wifi. It's great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner