What are you paying a month??

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My first bill is showing up as $157 with 22% discount on voice and features. I have one iPhone w/ 450 mins and unlimited text and data, no insurance. My discounts must not be applied for some reason even though they are listed on my account and I can view my bill yet though.

Anyone else this high for a single line on one phone with no overages?

if its your first month its normal. you're paying a partial month of service (for everything)+regular month of svc in advance.

your next bill will settle down to approx $71+taxes after your discounts are factored in.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
if its your first month its normal. you're paying a partial month of service (for everything)+regular month of svc in advance.

your next bill will settle down to approx $71+taxes after your discounts are factored in.

Thanks! Forgot about the month in advance and partial.

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
On my first Verizon bill they charged me an up front one month charges . First month plus an additional month up front. I never was told of this method of billing and when I called they told me that is how they start a new customer. Way to go VZM...and they ask me to recommend another friend to switch to VZM??:mad::mad:
My future bills will be the actual plan plus taxes.

golfnut

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow! Are all these bills from vzw?? If so, anyone want a new "brother and sis" to add to their family??lol
I figure I'll end up paying around $200 for 2 ip4s on 1400 family share w insurance...then take off 15 to20%(she thinks) from the wifa's primary..so what...$20 or so tops? Now take $40 off from my company for using mine for work.
Thats around $160 ballpark I'll be shelling out..

joekawasaki

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
2 lines sharing 600 minutes. (1 iPhone and 1 dumb phone) Unlimited data and 250 texts for iPhone. $102 per month including taxes. No discounts.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
About $88 a month total (tax & fees included)

I have an old family plan, and 20% off primary.
Primary line-pretax
$40-voice
$24-data
$5-250 texts

Secondary line-pretax
$10-voice

golfnut

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just came back from vzw and it looks like I'll pay right at $160 for fam share 1400/unlimited text and data, including taxes, insurance and other...not bad. He was willing to waive the $60 activation tonight.

zdkaram#IM

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Im grandfathered in with unlimited everything $80ish with AT&T. I am flirting with switching to Verizon but my plan is hard to give up.

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
We have 3lines set on a Family Plan with AT&T (1 iPhone 4 & 2 dumb phones). Total cost $114 for now but wife wants an iPhone this year, so I'll be adding an extra data package $15-25 soon. Heck I might even spring for the mobile hotspot when the iPhone 5 comes out.

golfnut

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
After going to check out at&t, I'm leaning hard towards them. I'll save around $50 monthly and get roll over minutes to boot..hard to beat that. (unlimited mobil to ANY mobil as well)

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
On my first Verizon bill they charged me an up front one month charges . First month plus an additional month up front. I never was told of this method of billing and when I called they told me that is how they start a new customer. Way to go VZM...and they ask me to recommend another friend to switch to VZM??:mad::mad:
My future bills will be the actual plan plus taxes.

every cell phone carrier bills the month in advance (for the service you're going to use). on your first bill you're billed starting the day after you sign up to the end of the bill cycle, plus the next month of service in advance (for the service you're going to use.

for example:

if your bill cycle ends on the 15th and begins on the 16th, and you signed up today, the 6th your first bill would look like:

3/7/11-3/15/11 (partial month -- 8 days of service)
3/16/11 - 4/15/11 (regular month of service in advance).

at vzw your bill is always due 5 days before the end of your bill cycle. since your bill cycle ends on the 15th, your first bill would be due 4/10.

make sense?

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I did a search and came up w nothing. I'm almost ready to buy my 2 ip4s at vzw and want to have a accurate estimate of monthly charges. I'm gonna get the family 1400 min and the insurance for both.
It adds up to $180 before taxes and the other charges they add..

I have the 1400 Family Share Talk & Text Plan. Pay just short of $200/month (it's normally like $180-190ish depending on if someone travels, or if someone upgrades).

For that I have:
1 iPhone, unlimited data ($30)
1 Blackberry Bold ($10), 150mb data ($15), insurance ($7)
1 Palm Pre Plus ($10), 150mb data ($15)
1 Samsung Knack ($10)

I also get a 20% discount off the base plan and 20% of the iPhone data plan because of a work discount -- all which totals about $30/month. However, build your plan on vzw.com, and then add probably about $10-15 in taxes & fees, depending on your billing/usage address and the number of lines you have.

ivybiznatch

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
We have 3 phones on a 1400 minute family plan: 2 have unlimited data (my husband's Droid and my iPhone), and 1 is a feature phone with parental controls and it's around $19x.xx with my discount from work.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods