Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 232
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    greasyg2006's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

    Default What?!?!? No 4.3 for Verizon??

    What the heck??? I'm feeling kind of jipped for choosing Verizon's iPhone over AT&T now.
  2. #2  
    big9erfan's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,460 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,461 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    They didn't say "no 4.3 for CDMA". They just didn't say it would be out on 3/11. Wait a bit and see, I'm sure Verizon will get the 4.3 update as well.
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com & www.jeremyandbrooke.com
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 5 32GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
  3. #3  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default

    Don't know what to tell you... VZW had the hotspot feature before AT&T... I expect iOS to play leapfrog with the two versions until iPhone 5 is out with a dual technology radio chip... until then, there are differences internally that could affect how/if certain functions are implemented.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  4. #4  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,539 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

    Default

    Let's see here. Verizon doesn't get 4.3 like everyone else on the 11th (although they already have hotspot). They have slower data. They can't do voice/data at the same time via 3G. They suffer slightly less battery life (CDMA uses different power requirements and tuning, although nothing drastic). So much for that Verizon iPhone being awesome? I can't think of a reason since AT&T is very fast for me and very reliable.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 03-02-2011 at 02:18 PM.
  5. #5  
    lenmac08#IM's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

    Default

    location dependent...at&t's service not as reliable where I live...
    Thanked by:
    shipwrestler125 (03-02-2011)
  6. #6  
    Lynx's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,175 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    Let's see here. Verizon doesn't get 4.3 like everyone else on the 11th (although they already have hotspot). They have slower data. They can't do voice/data at the same time via 3G. They suffer slightly less battery life (CDMA uses different power requirements and tuning, although nothing drastic). So much for that Verizon iPhone being awesome? I can't think of a reason since AT&T is very fast for me and very reliable.
    Reception... Its great that ATT works for you, but not everybody has good reception with them.
    Thanked by:
    Jon Seals (03-05-2011), tourstagefan (03-08-2011)
  7. #7  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Reception... Its great that ATT works for you, but not everybody has good reception with them.
    And not everyone has horrible reception with them, either... lovin' me some AT&T 3G bandwidth...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  8. #8  
    FrekeyZeeky's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greasyg2006 View Post
    What the heck??? I'm feeling kind of jipped for choosing Verizon's iPhone over AT&T now.
    who cares? I could honestly care less about photobooth and garage band or whatever else there is. Personal hotspot isn't of any interest to me and even if it were, I already have MiWi.

    All 4.3 would do it cause me to wait for a jailbreak, rejailbreak, redo repos, reinstall apps, etc.
    Thanked by:
    bmidd#IM (04-02-2011), shipwrestler125 (03-02-2011)
  9. #9  
    ChrisGonzales90's Avatar
    iPhone Specialist

    Posts
    1,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts

    Default

    Might be a typo or something else. JUst wait and see
  10. #10  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    601 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default

    Just be patient, all will be well.
  11. #11  
    coltsbr's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    452 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,083 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 7

    Default

    I'm sure Apple will have a version out for Verizon very soon! It makes sense not to have the same version for AT&T and Verizon since they run off two different networks.
  12. #12  
    drew1964's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    22 Posts

    Default

    Maybe I am reading the transcript wrong but it does say iOs 4.3 will work with CDMA I phone
  13. #13  
    wrxnfx's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    98 Posts

    Default

    Yup, agree that we will see the update just a matter of when. I have much more faith in Apple than in RIM or Google which is a huge reason I switched over from those platforms.

    In regards to the reception comments, there is a difference and different locations have different coverage so as always it is best to research who has the best coverage where you spend most of your time. I can attest to the VZ coverage on Oahu in HI being much better than AT&T's. That doesn't mean that AT&T is bad just slightly less coverage and signal strength but it has no problems 95% of the time. To me, not really a big deal. I stick with VZ because of the better coverage, here, and what seems to be better customer service than when I was with AT&T.
    Thanked by:
    shipwrestler125 (03-02-2011)
  14. #14  
    shimojunk's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

    Default

    sorry since I'm an iPhone noob, I have to ask this question.: If I have a jailbroken phone, updating the OS to a newer version, will it delete my jailbreak and all the apps?
  15. #15  
    Darth-gamer's Avatar
    iPhone Experts

    Posts
    767 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    Let's see here. Verizon doesn't get 4.3 like everyone else on the 11th (although they already have hotspot). They have slower data. They can't do voice/data at the same time via 3G. They suffer slightly less battery life (CDMA uses different power requirements and tuning, although nothing drastic). So much for that Verizon iPhone being awesome? I can't think of a reason since AT&T is very fast for me and very reliable.
    Well from a non-AT&T fanboy point of view I'm sure you'll think of a reason or 2.
    iPhone 5 16GB / 21.5" iMac. 3.06GHz OSX Mountain Lion/ Apple TV 2nd Gen/ iPad Gen2, 16GB.
  16. #16  
    shipwrestler125's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    565 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coltsbr View Post
    I'm sure Apple will have a version out for Verizon very soon! It makes sense not to have the same version for AT&T and Verizon since they run off two different networks.
    Agree I mean the verizon iphone had a different software when it launched so I'm sure there will be a different version of 4.3 people just relax you will get it.
  17. #17  
    cariduros's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.01

    Default

    I'm sure that 4.3 will be coming VERY soon for CDMA.
    Verizon iPhone 4 32 Gig
  18. #18  
    lv1
    lv1 is offline
    lv1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    Let's see here. Verizon doesn't get 4.3 like everyone else on the 11th (although they already have hotspot). They have slower data. They can't do voice/data at the same time via 3G. They suffer slightly less battery life (CDMA uses different power requirements and tuning, although nothing drastic). So much for that Verizon iPhone being awesome? I can't think of a reason since AT&T is very fast for me and very reliable.
    You forgot to mention the dropped calls with AT&T. When that happens it doesn't matter if you can surf faster or are multitasking you are dead in the water.
    Thanked by:
    iEther21 (03-03-2011)
  19. #19  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    10,549 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,430 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnov View Post
    sorry since I'm an iPhone noob, I have to ask this question.: If I have a jailbroken phone, updating the OS to a newer version, will it delete my jailbreak and all the apps?
    Yes. We jailbreakers will have to wait to update until the jailbreak software gets tweaked to accommodate the OS upgrade - update the OS, then use the new jailbreak tool and reinstall 3rd party apps.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  20. #20  
    ImStrapped's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Reception... Its great that ATT works for you, but not everybody has good reception with them.
    YES to this.
    Not everyone has good reception with AT&T
    I think that the most important thing should be actually getting good reliable service.
    Good that it works for you though!
  21. #21  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laslo View Post
    You forgot to mention the dropped calls with AT&T. When that happens it doesn't matter if you can surf faster or are multitasking you are dead in the water.
    Not everyone has issues with AT&T... I almost never drop a call... excellent voice coverage and great data coverage, as well.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  22. #22  
    chirmer's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    509 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    Let's see here. Verizon doesn't get 4.3 like everyone else on the 11th (although they already have hotspot). They have slower data. They can't do voice/data at the same time via 3G. They suffer slightly less battery life (CDMA uses different power requirements and tuning, although nothing drastic). So much for that Verizon iPhone being awesome? I can't think of a reason since AT&T is very fast for me and very reliable.
    Whoa, hater much? If AT&T is so great for you, why do you have to hate on Verizon?

    You say V has slower data, but there's no evidence for that. In fact, there's a thread floating around here that has evidence to the contrary. It's all dependent on location.

    No voice/data? Don't care. Those of us on Verizon are used to not having it, and I'm almost ALWAYS around Wifi that I can hop on if I need it.

    Where's your evidence about the battery life? I think you're making things up.

    Reason for Verizon iPhone being awesome? It's the best phone on the biggest network. I can leave my city and get signal; my AT&T friends drop all the time. There's just no comparing the networks in regards to saturation.
    C H I R M E R
    Graphic designer, classical musician, Paleo eater, evolutionary runner & all-around Apple fangirl.
    2008 Macbook (white, 4GB RAM) [sold] >> iPod Touch (1st Gen, 8 GB) [sold]>> iPhone 4 (black, 16 GB) >> 2012 Macbook Pro w/Retina Display (2.3 GHz 16GB RAM)
    Thanked by:
    shipwrestler125 (03-02-2011)
  23. #23  
    GolpherZX's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

    Default

    Ok, what is the big deal with 4.3. A little better load time on java script? I really didn't see much that would warrant getting it right away for myself. The phone is still working great for me. If there was a significant bug yes, get it asap. Otherwise just hang for a while?????
    Thanked by:
    shipwrestler125 (03-02-2011)
  24. #24  
    WyckedAnkh's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    Let's see here. Verizon doesn't get 4.3 like everyone else on the 11th (although they already have hotspot). They have slower data. They can't do voice/data at the same time via 3G. They suffer slightly less battery life (CDMA uses different power requirements and tuning, although nothing drastic). So much for that Verizon iPhone being awesome? I can't think of a reason since AT&T is very fast for me and very reliable.
    I still don't understand why we have to bash each other's networks... The iPhone works for different people on different networks. Are we bashing people who unlock their iPhone to work on T-Mobile's network and only getting Edge? Maybe not. Anyway, we may not get 4.3 right away, that doesn't surprise me, but it's not like Apple is going to leave us dead in the water either. They will send out 4.3.x for the CDMA iPhone soon.
    Thanked by:
    iEther21 (03-03-2011), ivybiznatch (03-05-2011), jhnnyblze2000 (03-02-2011), shipwrestler125 (03-02-2011)
  25. #25  
    Iphonefour's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    47 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    Let's see here. Verizon doesn't get 4.3 like everyone else on the 11th (although they already have hotspot). They have slower data. They can't do voice/data at the same time via 3G. They suffer slightly less battery life (CDMA uses different power requirements and tuning, although nothing drastic). So much for that Verizon iPhone being awesome? I can't think of a reason since AT&T is very fast for me and very reliable.
    Agree with much of the above. Except I am unaware of the "slightly less battery life.

    But throw in a few other things, such as texts over 160 characters long, including spaces, being broken into multiple texts. Conference calling shortcomings. Emoticons not showing up in texts sent to other carriers phones, and the Verizon iPhone not being "international".

    Plus recent changes in the market to "free" mobile to any mobile calling, anytime, and 1,000 free rollover minutes with ATT, and it becomes even more telling.

    Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    Don't know what to tell you... VZW had the hotspot feature before AT&T....
    Yep. Had it for about a month before the ATT iPhone4 will get it.

    ios 4.3 brings:

    So in addition to the hotspot, which was a highly touted "exclusive" feature of the Verizon iPhone during it's intro, the ATT iphone 4 will also get the AirPlay Enhancements, the new Nitro Java script, and the iTunes home sharing.

    It will be interesting to see how long it takes these to make it to the Verizon iPhone, but hopefully it won't be long.

    Quote Originally Posted by greasyg2006 View Post
    What the heck??? I'm feeling kind of jipped for choosing Verizon's iPhone over AT&T now.
    If reception and reliability is the same where you live, then yes, I'd feel kind of gypped too.
    Last edited by Iphonefour; 03-02-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions