What?!?!? No 4.3 for Verizon??

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Iphonefour, you are a classic example of a Troll, but you are too *%$#@* to see it, and no amount of reasoning ANYONE does, you will never get it. Actually, I think you do...you just choose to continue to antagonize. People like you get a kick out of it, and eventually you bring people down to your level. I am throwing the white flag. I surrender to your antics. I have children, and I much rather play with them instead of children on TiPB forum.

Ciao

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Iphonefour, you are a classic example of a Troll, but you are too *%$#@* to see it, and no amount of reasoning ANYONE does, you will never get it. Actually, I think you do...you just choose to continue to antagonize. People like you get a kick out of it, and eventually you bring people down to your level. I am throwing the white flag. I surrender to your antics. I have children, and I much rather play with them instead of children on TiPB forum.

Ciao

In many of your posts you have resorted to personal attacks, insults, name calling, and have just been generally caustic. Yet you would try and make me out to be the "child" despite that "childish" behavior.

Through the discussion, I have tried to remain civil, stick to the facts, and use
them to form and state my own opinions. That's basically how a "forum"
works. In the instance when my words were taken to mean that I thought some were "duped" I was quick to respond that this was not my intent. I have tried to be, and will continue to be civil in the discussion.

My time in this section of the forum I'd explain like this: it is important to learn not only of one's own products, but that of the competing products.

Just because I bought one, doesn't mean that I am stuck with it. If the other is "better" then I want to know that so that I have the option to make a move to it should I have the means.

"Measure twice, cut once", you'll sometimes hear. It's a good practice. But
even when it's been measured twice, or even three times, before it's cut.....it still has to be confirmed that it fits.

And if not, if it isn't confirmed that it fits, well then it has to be discarded and another piece cut and put into it's place.

With any product in one's possession, there is nothing wrong with confirmation that what they have is the best one for them. That it's the best possible "fit". That's part of how we make that "next" purchasing decision. If it can't be confirmed, well then it's time to move to something else.

How can one make a comparative analysis between the others if he or she is unfamiliar with both the upside and downsides of each?

And the best place to find that out, is from the owners of the other product. It is not from the company's ad copy and such? The users of the product. What do they have to say about it? It is on their forums, and in their meetings where you will find the real truth about the product.

That's what I'm trying to find out. I already know a great deal about the product I own, but I am interested in really knowing if there is something better for me than it is and move to it, if that is the case.

That is all.

Now I could watch all of that in silence. But I should also be able to post my observations and opinions on what I see in the discussion. You can, why can't I??? That's the other part of what a forum is about.

Last edited:

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Iphonefour, you're being pompous. Seriously dude, I could read your posts with a nice prissy english accent and make a ytmnd out of it, and it'd be hilarious.

Anyway, my little contribution here is that the buck does stop with VZW, and that to say they aren't heavily influencing this software update is just naive. What a silly notion.

With that considered I'm very happy with my iPhone 4 and this causes very little frustration. I've owned a Droid and Droid X. Software updates are dead to me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Who is he trying to fool Ardoreal, himself?? Because no one here is lol. In his last post he claims to be "checking out the competition" and if its better, he said he could "move to it". He is so full of sh*t he is stinking up the forum lol. I say that because he hates Verizon. As a matter of fact, he had his "last straw" with them over a Blackberry, according to him. I copied and pasted something from him from one of his previous posts here. For your viewing pleasure :)

I don't want to say that you personally were "duped". Nor do I want to say that your phone is not an iphone4.

I just see, what I see, and I see it as somewhat of a slap in the face and more of VZW's shortcomings when it comes to the iPhone4.

Some of the shenanigans I went through when I was with them.

The "last straw" for me was the Blackberry Storm and then trying to charge me for one of the multiple ones I had to return to them.

My wife and I had 8 Blackberry Storms between us. She wanted to wait on the VZW iPhone4, I went ahead on Labor day and got the ATT version, while she continued to struggle with VZW, fighting them over a better than $300.00 bill for a returned Blackberry. All the while she still kept VZW.

Swore she wouldn't switch and would tough it out until the iPhone4 for VZW came out.

Finally, she could take no more, seeing that charge for that returned Blackberry, still on her bill, and in November, after all of her talk of "dropped calls" and vowing how she would never go back to AT&T, I bought her an Iphone4 while she held onto her 4th and last VZW Blackberry.

So she had two phones. Supposedly for "backup" since AT&T in her mind, dropped an excessive number of calls though she had not had AT&T for several years.

AT&T had a 30 day return on the iPhone4. (VZW only had a 15 day return when they came out with it, but I digress and don't want to get sidetracked on yet another point). I could bring it back if she didn't like it. I told her if it dropped a single call, that back to ATT it would go. Just give it a chance.

I haven't been able to get it away from her since the day I bought it. She is constantly using it at one time or another.

It works like it's supposed to, and every iOS 4.x iPhone feature, with the exception of the hot spot, which will be available in a few days, is available to it.

No dropped calls, no problems, just great service and absolute full functionality of the devices, without having to pull batteries, and without having to fight with the carrier over bogus charges.

So we can have our cake, and eat it too.

Then from the sidelines, I see the marketing campaign for the iPhone4, with VZW knowing full well the limitations their network puts on the device's capabilities.

And now, approximately a month later this latest shoe drops. iOs 4.3 coming out for the other iPhone4, with great new features, to go along with the other great features available on the other network carrying the phone, but no word on when it will be out for the VZW version of the phone.

Another slap in the face, that fortunately this time, I won't have to take.

It's just that after being screwed so many times by them, I am immensely glad that I am no longer in a position to be screwed by them any further. Glad I got out when the getting was still good, and feel somewhat bad to see others getting what appears to be hosed by them, even though I am absent.

This latest news on iOS 4.3, sort of cements it. I see them up to their same old tricks.

End of copy and paste lol.........so, can you say TROLL???

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I see what you're saying, icyhot. I actually agree too. My iPhone is fantastic and people who like to being up the network speed issue clearly don't travel much.

I've used AT&T's 3G in Denver, SanFrancisco, SLC, Houston, and Chicago and it's royally sucked in all those areas. Only in the most ideal situation that's opposite from peak hours do you have a decent experience. VZ might be a bit slower but the experience is the same everywhere. I'd rather have consistently good than "occasionally great". If you don't think along those lines then you're just a tool who needs to stfu.

Furthermore, the iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2 is still far superior to every other smartphone available on VZW, so no complaints here. I'm happy with Apple AND VZW.

But yeah, iphonefour is digging himself a hole. There is an easy solution though, put him on ignore. I already have. F that guy he can just talk to himself here.

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Who is he trying to fool Ardoreal, himself?? Because no one here is lol. In his last post he claims to be "checking out the competition" and if its better, he said he could "move to it". He is so full of sh*t he is stinking up the forum lol. I say that because he hates Verizon. As a matter of fact, he had his "last straw" with them over a Blackberry, according to him. I copied and pasted something from him from one of his previous posts here. For your viewing pleasure :)

I don't want to say that you personally were "duped". Nor do I want to say that your phone is not an iphone4.

I just see, what I see, and I see it as somewhat of a slap in the face and more of VZW's shortcomings when it comes to the iPhone4.
Some of the shenanigans I went through when I was with them.

The "last straw" for me was the Blackberry Storm and then trying to charge me for one of the multiple ones I had to return to them.

My wife and I had 8 Blackberry Storms between us. She wanted to wait on the VZW iPhone4, I went ahead on Labor day and got the ATT version, while she continued to struggle with VZW, fighting them over a better than $300.00 bill for a returned Blackberry. All the while she still kept VZW.

Swore she wouldn't switch and would tough it out until the iPhone4 for VZW came out.

Finally, she could take no more, seeing that charge for that returned

Blackberry, still on her bill, and in November, after all of her talk of "dropped calls" and vowing how she would never go back to AT&T, I bought her an Iphone4 while she held onto her 4th and last VZW Blackberry.

So she had two phones. Supposedly for "backup" since AT&T in her mind, dropped an excessive number of calls though she had not had AT&T for several years.

AT&T had a 30 day return on the iPhone4. (VZW only had a 15 day return when they came out with it, but I digress and don't want to get sidetracked on yet another point). I could bring it back if she didn't like it. I told her if it dropped a single call, that back to ATT it would go. Just give it a chance.

I haven't been able to get it away from her since the day I bought it. She is constantly using it at one time or another.

It works like it's supposed to, and every iOS 4.x iPhone feature, with the exception of the hot spot, which will be available in a few days, is available to it.

No dropped calls, no problems, just great service and absolute full functionality of the devices, without having to pull batteries, and without having to fight with the carrier over bogus charges.

So we can have our cake, and eat it too.

Then from the sidelines, I see the marketing campaign for the iPhone4, with VZW knowing full well the limitations their network puts on the device's capabilities.

And now, approximately a month later this latest shoe drops. iOs 4.3 coming out for the other iPhone4, with great new features, to go along with the other great features available on the other network carrying the phone, but no word on when it will be out for the VZW version of the phone.

Another slap in the face, that fortunately this time, I won't have to take.

It's just that after being screwed so many times by them, I am immensely glad that I am no longer in a position to be screwed by them any further. Glad I
got out when the getting was still good, and feel somewhat bad to see others
getting what appears to be hosed by them, even though I am absent.

This latest news on iOS 4.3, sort of cements it. I see them up to their same old tricks.

End of copy and paste lol.........so, can you say TROLL???

Even better than that. I can say that it is not impossible for VZW to win back a lost customer.

Honestly guy, you need to calm down. You're liable to have a stroke or a heart attack, if you get this worked up and just downright angry at a total stranger on the Internet you don't like, ........and all over a telephone???

Seeing how upset you get when you think someone has dissed something as trivial as your telephone, you must go completely ballistic if something is said unflattering about your computer, watch, hat, or coat.

I would bid you "good day" sir...but you might even disagree with that, go ballistic again, and suffer a major stroke.

So I won't. But you may want to look into some anger management classes.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I see what you're saying, icyhot. I actually agree too. My iPhone is fantastic and people who like to being up the network speed issue clearly don't travel much.

I've used AT&T's 3G in Denver, SanFrancisco, SLC, Houston, and Chicago and it's royally sucked in all those areas. Only in the most ideal situation that's opposite from peak hours do you have a decent experience. VZ might be a bit slower but the experience is the same everywhere. I'd rather have consistently good than "occasionally great". If you don't think along those lines then you're just a tool who needs to stfu.

Furthermore, the iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2 is still far superior to every other smartphone available on VZW, so no complaints here. I'm happy with Apple AND VZW.

But yeah, iphonefour is digging himself a hole. There is an easy solution though, put him on ignore. I already have. F that guy he can just talk to himself here.

I use AT&T 3G is Denver everyday, It's great. Dunno what to tell ya

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Seriously guys, the testosterone is so thick in this thread I can barely read the posts.

Move on with the topic and stop the quibbling before you're all put in time out or the thread gets closed.

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Seriously guys, the testosterone is so thick in this thread I can barely read the posts.

Move on with the topic and stop the quibbling before you're all put in time out or the thread gets closed.

I agree. The name calling, personal attacks, the "F him", which was directed at me, are uncalled for and have no place.

Attacking ideas is one thing, but attacking people is quite another. There is no call for personal attacks, we are all adults here.

The discussion is a good one without any of that personal attack stuff.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I use AT&T 3G is Denver everyday, It's great. Dunno what to tell ya

In all honesty that was in august of 09. Back then the best speeds I could get were around 600kb/sec in various places in Denver. I NEVER got anything above 1.5mbps. If things are different now, that's too late for me to care. I get by just fine and LTE is coming. Good times are ahead for VZW users so something like a minor software bump that we have to wait for is a non-issue for me.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site

I know that you might feel the need as a mod to deal with an issue when someone reports an issue. However, if the mods here are into dealing out group punishment rather than deal with one problem user that's blatantly inflammatory, and then post a "you been naughty" message when said user cries foul like a little baby, then enjoy being a niche community. Cya later.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
So to try to get back on track here a bit.
Do you think the VZW iPhone will be updated when Apple puts out 4.3.1 for the security fix?

Who knows. I agree with the folks speculating that it's VZW holding things up. That's probably a good bet too though. It would also fit in with past behavior for VZW on updates, the Droid X went through something very similar before it finally got Froyo.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the folks speculating that it's VZW holding things up.
I don't.

Nearly everything about the iPhone is seemingly contrary to everything I thought I knew about Verizon.

The iPhone is Apple's baby - and Verizon is not going to tell them when they can or can't release an OS update.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't.

Nearly everything about the iPhone is seemingly contrary to everything I thought I knew about Verizon.

The iPhone is Apple's baby - and Verizon is not going to tell them when they can or can't release an OS update.

Agreed. And 4.3 will come sooner rather than later.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
As previously stated, VZW has ZERO input on iPhone updates and their release. The only thing they might have any involvement in is the carrier settings updates.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I hear where you guys are coming from, but your opinions aren't based on any information, just speculation. If Apple had made some kind of comment about it I can understand that. Given that this is typical behavior for devices on VZW's network, I'm going with it being a VZW holdup unless someone privy to the process can elaborate.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I hear where you guys are coming from, but your opinions aren't based on any information, just speculation. If Apple had made some kind of comment about it I can understand that. Given that this is typical behavior for devices on VZW's network, I'm going with it being a VZW holdup unless someone privy to the process cam elaborate.

Let me repeat....VZW has ZERO input on iPhone updates and their release. Do I need to make that my signature? lol I am not new to the iPhone and there has never been an update released based on a carrier giving the go ahead. In summary, VZW has NOTHING to do with the ViP4 not getting 4.3 :)

I know I'm not the only one who knows this is true without needing Apple to hold my hand and tell me so. This is Apple's baby and VZW doesn't call the shots on this device.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Let me repeat....VZW has ZERO input on iPhone updates and their release. Do I need to make that my signature? lol I am not new to the iPhone and there has never been an update released based on a carrier giving the go ahead. In summary, VZW has NOTHING to do with the ViP4 not getting 4.3 :)

I know I'm not the only one who knows this is true without needing Apple to hold my hand and tell me so. This is Apple's baby and VZW doesn't call the shots on this device.

I know you're trying to be abundantly clear and all, but unless you are quoting an Apple employee who went on record, I don't believe you. It's ok too. I don't hate your mother or think Jews are evil or anything like that. I just don't believe you without reliable information to go on that's beyond conjecture :) you can believe what you believe, and I can have my beliefs. In the end, I know that someday my iPhone will get 4.3 and quite possibly some future revision that rocks too. In the meantime, I have the best phone available on VZW :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh