Would you like more than 1 button?

reyxlp

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have and love the iPhone 4 but I think it's kind of silly not to have a dedicated physical "Phone" button that lets you instantly make... ...uh... ...phone calls. It's a phone. :)

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have and love the iPhone 4 but I think it's kind of silly not to have a dedicated physical "Phone" button that lets you instantly make... ...uh... ...phone calls. It's a phone. :)

I guarantee you that you won't find a phone that takes LESS effort to make a phone call. You can use voice, a favorites menu, and even home-screen icons to make calls in addition to grabbing numbers from e-mails, texts, and web pages. So you have to wake the phone up to do it? Show me a phone where you don't.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
The lack of a call or end button hasn't bothered me one bit to be honest. It would, however, bug the crap out of my wife.

Come to think of it, that will just keep my wife off of it soooo just the one button please. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I think Apple is going to eliminate the home button with the next hardware revision. Everyone has been saying since the very first iPhone launched that Steve Jobs thought the iPhone had way too many buttons.

That being said, I'd like the elimination in favor of a touch-sensitive area that would serve the same purpose as the home button did. However, to answer the OP's question, I actually wouldn't mind a two-stage camera button on the lower-right side.

grgiwoyna

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

There IS a dedicated button for the phone..... it's right on the tray and placeable anywhere on the screen (or any of the trailing screens) that you see fit to place it. Works just as well, if not better than, having a physical button.

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I think that having a phone button will cause lots of butt dialing. A camera button would be nice. Coming from having a droid I kinda miss it even though it took really bad photos.

rickydross

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting used to one button but it took a bit of time to get used to. I came from a 9550 (yea, I know) and also carry a Nexus S - and I really missed the "back" button on my i4.

Usually it's not an issue, but when in SMS or emails and backing out I still instinctively try and back out with 1 button instead of the top to get back to the list and then the actual button to get to Home.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73