benefits of jailbreaking?

wb1960

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I did jailbreak a little while ago but then restored back to factory the other day. I believe I didnt understand the reasons for jailbreaking though. What is my benefit to jalibreak? Did I miss something when I did it? Also, I still cant figure out why I cant open a wmv file in an email

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Will my battery life suffer from being jailbroken? That is one thing that I am not willing to compromise.

verks

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
The benefits are endless If you want to maximize your iPhone experience. I just got the ViPhone after a year and a half on Android. (Still have an Evo) I has improved alot since then but JBing makes it top notch.

Better SMS app (Bite SMS)
Better notifications (via Lock info and Bite SMS)
Lock screen info. (Intelliscreen)
Home screen info (Lock Info)
SBSettings (pulldown setting)

No drop in performance or battery life.

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've seen no change in battery life at all. And Jailbreak tweaks take the iPhone from amazing, to ASTOUNDING.

Truly.

glorman

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke as well and I'm considering restoring. My biggest concern is that all these great things mentioned cost $$. What if I plunk down hard-earned cash on these things and Apple figures out how to stop jailbreaking completely with the next OS release? So far it's not a risk I've been willing to accept, so I've played with some of the free things, but pretty much everything that makes jailbreaking even remotely useful is expensive.

Grant

ShannonDavis

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I did not jailbreak my iPhone. However, there are so many smart people in forums such as this one that I can't believe Apple will find a way to keep their phone from jailbreaking. In a way, it is to their benefit that jailbreaking exists. It increases the appeal, therefore, more customers.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73