Unresponsive iPhone 4

iPhone0001

Nov 28, 2010
photographicvignettes.com
Curious if this has happened to anyone else. My iPhone 4 suddenly became unresponsive with no warning at all. One minute it was working fine, the next time I went to use it the screen was black and it would not turn on. In order to reactivate the phone, I had to hold to power button and the home key simultaneously for about 10 seconds until the apple logo appeared and then the phone seemed fine and has been working since. Is this a software gliche in the iOS? :confused:

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Something crashed your phone, it happens. Need more info, are you jailbroken?

The phone is a tiny computer, so it hangs sometimes. I know it's not an ideal explanation, but it's the simplest one. This has happened to me a few times before.

iPhone0001

Nov 28, 2010
photographicvignettes.com
I appreciate the response anaphora68. My phone is not jailbroken. I get what you are saying about the computer thing and your explanation probably is the best. It just surprised me as that was the first time, and hopefully last, it will happen.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Yep. this happened to me a few weeks ago. My iPhone 3GS has been through A LOT. It's been in contact with water and the screen is shattered so I thought this was the end.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would say unless it happens again you don't need to worry about it. You may have had an app navigation, etc that was still running in memory using up your battery and it just drained in your pocket.

riteshp83

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
This happened to my brothers phone who is not jailbroken either. I think it is just some weird glitch that occurs from time to time. Holding the home and power button should fix it. If it really bugs/worries you just restore the iphone and set it up as a new iphone. It could be caused by a corrupt backup

Relznuk

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Something crashed your phone, it happens. Need more info, are you jailbroken?

The phone is a tiny computer, so it hangs sometimes. I know it's not an ideal explanation, but it's the simplest one. This has happened to me a few times before.

Anaphora68 is correct. Sometimes it can be hard to pinpoint what may have caused the crash. I was having this issue frequently on my iPhone 3GS once upon a time, and the only way I could fix it was to restore the iPhone. Something had just become corrupt somewhere along the line is the best I can figure.

nicolegreen24

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a iphone 4 which was restored, I am getting the no sim installed screen and also sometimes it will be just the black screen with the apple logo. I tried to do the recovery mode and it does nothing, I have hooked it up to my computer to itunes and it will search it but then the phone goes on and off the usb cord making the noise as if you are taking it on and off charge. once the phone has been on for a little bit or plugged in a little bit it gets pretty hot. What do I do and what could this be??

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2