Battery Question and Standby

allaboutpunky

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If this has been discussed before then I apologize in advance. I tried to search the topic with little success.

I have the Verizon iPhone and I absolutley love it. But I am perplexed on the battery usage. I unplugged my phone off the charger this morning at 6:30am and it showed 100% battery. It showed 0 min usuage since last charge and 0 min standby since last charge.

Now it is 10:50 at night and my battery is down to 31%. I don't think that is too bad considering I am using the phone for email, phone calls and games all day long.

My question is this... My phone has been unplugged for 16 hours and 20 minutes. But my usuage shows 3 hours 46 minutes and my standby shows 16 hours and 23 minutes. How is this possible???? Am I missing something???

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine says the same thing. I just assume standby means how long it was off the charger, and usage is usage. It's weird, but I didn't try to over analyze it.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey, i say as long as it holds it's charge, you're in good shape. Once it doesn't hold it's charge anymore, then i'd start to worry.

cmpdblue

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just a guess here, but usage my also include network activity, such as push email and sms/mms. Like I said, just a guess ???

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Standby time refers to the time the phone has been off the charger since the past full charge.

Usage refers to the time the phone has been on or receiving data in the background like email. Majority of usage time is the time the screen is actually on and lit.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If this has been discussed before then I apologize in advance. I tried to search the topic with little success.

I have the Verizon iPhone and I absolutley love it. But I am perplexed on the battery usage. I unplugged my phone off the charger this morning at 6:30am and it showed 100% battery. It showed 0 min usuage since last charge and 0 min standby since last charge.

Now it is 10:50 at night and my battery is down to 31%. I don't think that is too bad considering I am using the phone for email, phone calls and games all day long.

My question is this... My phone has been unplugged for 16 hours and 20 minutes. But my usuage shows 3 hours 46 minutes and my standby shows 16 hours and 23 minutes. How is this possible???? Am I missing something???

Standby time is total time off the charger. Usage time is the time the phone has been unlocked and in active use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73