Home button woes, ideas please.

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, Im on my second IP4 on 4.2.1 because of a home button problem. Here are my problems with the home button. 1st when the phone is locked most of the time i have to press the home button 2 or 3 times for the home screen to come up. 2nd sometimes while in an app ill try to go to the app switcher and the app closes. 3rd sometimes when I hit the home button once it goes to the app switcher or the search page, WTF.

The first time I switched out the apple store they said it was a software issue but they switched it out anyway. Now this one is acting up again. A restore did not fix the problem. Is anyone else having the same issue and if so were you able to fix it? Im not buying the software issue claim but does anyone know if there is anything in 4.3 to solve this issue? Thanks for looking.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a delayed home button, it worked 90% of the time.

Sometimes I would need to press it twice or three times

Went to Apple they gave me a new one with no questions.

Old one had a small scratch so it worked out well for me.

No problems with the new one, until it gets scratched LOL

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Im sure they will switch it out but I live 1 1/2hrs from an apple store and such a pain in the ass to restore when I get my new one. Thanks for the reply!

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly what happened to my girlfriends phone along with other stuff. They wouldn't switch the phone because of home button problems, but when we told them about the screen flashing and going black, we got her phone switched. Now the home button along with the functionality of the phone is better.

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
@cpc12 It is easy to restore an Iphone, Ill agree if thats all you're doing. For me, this is why it a pain in the ass...

- starting all of the games again
- setting up the phone the way I like it
- the hours it takes to load my music, I sync them at 128 kbs to save space
Thinks thats about it.

Relznuk

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Im sure they will switch it out but I live 1 1/2hrs from an apple store and such a pain in the ass to restore when I get my new one. Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, there is very little that can be done without completely taking the iPhone apart. I have worked on iPhones before, and sometimes a fine layer of dust built up under the home button can cause issues like this. Unfortunately, it's quite a process to clean it out, and it voids your warranty. Your best option, even though it's inconvenient for you, is to take it to an Apple store for replacement.

suasex

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
just went to the apple store and the genius's idea was to close all my apps in multitasking. I thought we didn't need to worry about this?

so I get home and my home button is still unresponsive 2 out of 10 times. I couldn't duplicate the issue in store and now I'm pissed, I just wanted them to swap it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice