User Apps all disappeared after trying to get Loader & Cydia back

HPepper

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
After jailbreaking my iPhone 4 (w/4.2.6) w/greenpois0n, my Loader & Cydia disappeared after what I thought was a successful install of Cydia. In an attempt to restore it w/out JB'ing again, I followed the steps described here to delete ?com.apple.mobile.installation.plist?file (as it was supposed to restore Loader & Cydia back to my screen).

All my user (not system) apps then disappeared. Stupid me did not backup ?com.apple.mobile.installation.plist? before deleting it, though I don't know if copying it back in would have helped me. Using iFunBox, I see that my user apps are still in the iPhone's file system, they just don't appear anywhere on the phone.

I'm bummed as I had a lot of apps organized into folders. I suppose I can just re-add all the apps using iTunes, but I was hoping that there was a quick fix to get them all showing and in the correct folders.

Any suggestions? I'll have to JB again since I never did get Loader & Cydia back. Is there a chance that a fresh JB will make my apps reappear.

Many thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2