Wirelesly download apps

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
On android you can go to the web based android market and download an app and it will automatically be downloaded to your phone over the air.

Do you think Apple may do the same thing? Go to the iTunes, and head for the app store, chose your app and have it downloaded instant.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I think he means like Amazon does with the Kindle. You buy the book on the website and the book is pushed to your device automagically.

I'm not sure if Apple would ever do this. Do they currently tie device IDs to apple accounts? I know they do for playback of songs purchased on iTunes, but do they do it for phones? If you have multiple devices tied to an account on Google, does it push the app to all the eligible devices? Should it?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^ this. No syncing with cables. Just over the air, I guess with 3G or wifi.

while the android market is on the phone, they also have a web based site, like the apple app store on iTunes. I just think its kind of neat that it can do that. Sometimes you may want to browse for apps on a larger screen like you can with music, movies TV shows and even apps in iTunes ;)

I'm not sure as I only have one android device and an iPad. I don't see why not.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods