How do I close an app

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I am searching this wrong...how to I quit an app? I don't wanna have 20 apps going at once if I can avoid it.

I am used to being able to just swipe a card to quit sometihng on webos so this is new!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Double click your home button to bring up the most recent apps. Press and hold on one of the apps until they start shaking and hit the red "x" to close. Although as mentioned elsewhere, they aren't technically running in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
For the most part apps DO NOT run in the background. There are some exceptions for those that stream audio/video and GPS applications. GPS applications alert you to running in the background by having a little arrow in the top right corner of your "status" bar ( near the battery icon ). Audio & video apps you will hear them running.

To close an app press home, once. This will take you to the spring board. Tap the home button twice again to bring up your "recent apps" launcher. Tap and hold on an app, it will start to jiggle and a red X will be on the icon. Tap that to close the app.

Note: This is NOT necessary for most applications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR