who switched from Android to iOS and why??

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to quote this guy cuz I switched from a Droid incredible.

All the pros you list on here for the iPhone outweigh all of the cons you list. I had an O.G. Droid and an Incredible. You are also leaving out the fact that the iPhone just works, all the time, like you expect it to. This is not always the case with the cheap plasticy Android phones.

Switched to iOS from Android and could not be happier.

I was always rooting and running a different custom ROM to try and get a better experience out of android and it was very taxing. My new iPhone 4 is amazing.

I will be getting the iPhone 5 in a few months at full price. That is how much I love iOS.

It took me a week to get past my frustrations. I have since started to enjoy the phone much more after I realized that it is not an Android, and I shouldn't expect the same experience. I really like the iphone. The biggest plus for me is the battery life. I can actually use this phone without an extended battery or worrying about plugging in throughout the day.... it is very impressive.

I also really like the app selection/quality. It is what makes a smartphone enjoyable and useful, and iphone nails it.

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Switched from fascinate

I had the original droid but it seemed every update made the phone worse. I just bought the fascinate a couple months ago and it completely locked up on me twice in two days. The bad thing about it locking up is that it was over night when I wasn't even using it. After about a year and three months of android I was done. They are talking about other OSs before most of the new phones have an OS that was out a year ago. I have had a good experience so far with iOS even though it has only been four days.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to quote this guy cuz I switched from a Droid incredible.

This is not always the case with the cheap plasticy Android phones. :confused:

If you had a cheap feeling plastic feeling Android phone you must have been on an HTC device.:eek: The Motorola Droid phones are well known for their very solid firm feel and are quite sturdy.. So not All Androids feel that way.

HTC devices are well known to be creaky and flimsy..

jayhawkfan18

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
HTC devices are well known to be creaky and flimsy..

I also agree with this statement. My Incredible would always creak and the battery door was made of a very cheap plastic. I was always afraid I was going to break it when I had to change my battery halfway thru EVERY day...

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have always liked the look of the iPhone, but never used one.
Try one. You can read all you want of other people's opinions but they may or may not be relevant to you. You can't beat first hand experience for determining these things. Test drive!

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
For the people who think this phone has bad notifications, jailbreak using greenpois0n (took me literally 2 minutes including time to search for and download the application) and get bitesms. It destroys anything android has and if you get lockinfo you get all of your info on your lockscreen PLUS you get a drop down menu. Even an unstable jailbreak is more stable than crappy android software and 99% of android apps suck. The only good ones are ones they got after iOS got them.

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I switched from android to iOS because I was sick of how slow my EVO was running. Had to have antivirus on there, since android's are prone to virus's, which slowed it down even more. But I love my iphone :)

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Had to have antivirus on there, since android's are prone to virus's, which slowed it down even more.

Not true^^^
As long as you are not sideloading any pirated apps, you should be fine downloading from the Android Market avoiding any potential viruses.

On topic: I switched from an Evo to iPhone because of the smoother user experience and enjoyed my iPod Touch so much that I wanted to use it as a phone. :cool:

Last edited:

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Some of my friends who had droids got viruses so I went on and started using an antivirus (forgot the name of the one I used, think it was lookout) just for protection. But yes I love my iphone, so much smoother, and a little bit better battery life.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not the Atrix... ;)

Dude, I remember you! You were on Crackberry were you not?? Haha!

On topic: I never personally had an Android, but one of my best friends does (Evo), and it takes him twice as long to do things as it does me. We've actually raced to see who can get to a piece of information faster... I've won every time. For me, the decision between Android and iPhone (when my FIFTH blackberry [in a year and a half] crapped out) came down to:

1) Bugginess of the OS. I think we can all agree Blackberries are THE FREAKING WORST. I really just wanted a phone that WORKED.
2) Integration with my computer/syncing ability. I have a Macbook, and the ease of plugging it in and clicking a button won me over.
3) App selection. iOS has the most and greatest percentage of good apps. This was a HUGE necessity for me. Plus I had an iPod Touch and purchased a crapload of apps on that - I would not be able to transfer those to an Android device.

I don't mind the popups so much (probably because I don't game a whole lot and I text a LOT, so I always instantly reply), but I do think even Blackberry had it better :( I also miss the "Super Apps"... OS integration is key. Hopefully we see these improved upon with iOS5!

jgurnett#CB

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm on VZW and adopted Android right away with the original DROID, and it was great as compared to the buggy BB OS. Then switched to the DINC, loved it but hated the battery life, so VZW kindly replaced that with the DROID X. 3 Droids in 1.5 years and all of them were different and responded to Apps differently, very unnerving IMO.

iPhone appealed to me purely for the OS and interface. So what that it's not open source, I really don't care. What I've found with open source is that it can get very buggy, and app developers have issues because there is no standard really. It's way too expensive for developers to create and maintain an app that fits every single Android device. With the iPhone it's one device and all of the apps just work, easy for the developers to maintain and make improvements.

So far I haven't had any issues with my iPhone, and am loving the fact that 'it just works'.

Don't get me wrong, Android is great, but for me the iPhone wins. Personal preference I guess.

srvac

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My feelings are about what has been described here. I went from BB Curve to Tour to Storm and then DInc and now iP4. I love my iPhone and will likely never go back although I did like both BB's and the DInc when I had them. The biggest negative on the iP4 to me is notifications and LockInfo really helps. I realize that JB isn't for everyone. But battery life was a killer with the DInc. I don't feel that you should have to get an extended battery or carry a second one around just to get through the day. You also shouldn't have to turn off features like bluetooth and GPS and turn the screen down to practically nothing either. I think the widgets (which I loved and still miss) must really kill the battery life.

Maybe it is just me, but I'm not too worried about the loss of navigation on the iP4. I use a dedicated GPS in my car and don't want to tie up my phone when I'm driving (you know that whole data and talk thing with VZW).

So I still play around with custom ROMs on what is now my son's DInc, but for my uses, a JB'ed iP4 is pretty sweet.

moomps

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't read thru all of the entries here, but the main reason I switched from my old ERIS to an iPhone is because I can finally make a damned phone call.... With my old phone, I had to empty the call list out constantly and clear memory for the phone to dial. I was ready to switch back to my old flip phone until they worked something out. All of the apps and web browsers are worthless if you can't make a simple phone call on your smart phone. I still have a blackberry for work (because the company requires that), but I am very happy with the quality and reliability of my iPhone and I don't see me ever going back to Android.

mediocreman

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone yet. I'm getting it on Sunday. :p

The Droid Eris is the worst phone I've ever had the misfortune of owning. I literally had to root and install a custom rom just to make phone calls on a consistent nature. I was tired of my updates being released whenever Verizon descided it was time.

Android has been flat out mismanaged. It's good to see Google trying to regain control but I'm already leaving.

P@t

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone yet. I'm getting it on Sunday. :p

The Droid Eris is the worst phone I've ever had the misfortune of owning. I literally had to root and install a custom rom just to make phone calls on a consistent nature. I was tired of my updates being released whenever Verizon descided it was time.

Android has been flat out mismanaged. It's good to see Google trying to regain control but I'm already leaving.

I had the Eris also and rooted it. Custom roms etc. I kind of got into the rom thing and flashed different custom roms. The Eris is a terrible phone stock.

Android always seemed like wannabe iOS. Horrible battery life too. Apples approach to both hardware AND software integration is much more in sync than Google and some other manufacturer.

mediocreman

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the Eris also and rooted it. Custom roms etc. I kind of got into the rom thing and flashed different custom roms. The Eris is a terrible phone stock.

Android always seemed like wannabe iOS. Horrible battery life too. Apples approach to both hardware AND software integration is much more in sync than Google and some other manufacturer.

Oh God the battery life. To make thru the day I had to: turn the screen brightness down to make it impossible to see, shut off all automatically refreshing programs and never use any sort of video or mp3. Then I might make it 10 hours. So I got a smart phone bill with a phone that acts like a dumb phone.

I hate this thing.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm going in the morning and buying 2 iPhones for my wife and I. We are dumping our DXs. I can't wait to sell these and enjoy the fruit...

Reactions: tritan

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods