Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Default Dropped and "Breaking Up" Calls

Okay, I still love my phone despite the more frequent dropped calls and people saying I'm breaking up. I've never had these issues with my BB...do I need to call Verizon and have them reprogram or something?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The consensus seems to be better signal and call quality with the iPhone compared to other phones. If you suffer from dropped calls with Verizon, period, you should evaluate other carriers in your area. Otherwise, *228 and do both option 1 and 2 to make sure everything is up to date.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

That's the thing, I've been with Vzw for years because I've never had dropped calls. Its the best in our area period. I did the *228 and we'll see what that does...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,602 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

but what about this..

iPhone Pro

iOS Version

I had that happen today, too. BUT, lately Verizon's been coming in and out in my area. My best guess? All of the iPhones are taking a tiny toll
    C H I R M E R
    Graphic designer, classical musician, Paleo eater, evolutionary runner & all-around Apple fangirl.
    2008 Macbook (white, 4GB RAM) [sold] >> iPod Touch (1st Gen, 8 GB) [sold]>> iPhone 4 (black, 16 GB) >> 2012 Macbook Pro w/Retina Display (2.3 GHz 16GB RAM)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,567 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Funny story. One of my users got an i4 for Verizon and was suffering pitiful battery life. We went to the Apple store to get it replaced. The genius took her phone and plugged it in for diagnostics and I noticed on some days she had some dropped calls. He went back to get her phone replaced, so I took his diagnostic laptop and plugged mine in. Not one dropped call. So much for Verizon being better than AT&T.

YMMV.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 02-24-2011 at 10:26 PM.
    iPhone Experts

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    Funny story. One of my users got an i4 for Verizon and was suffering pitiful battery life. We went to the Apple store to get it replaced. The genius took her phone and plugged it in for diagnostics and I noticed on some days she had some dropped calls. He went back to get her phone replaced, so I took his diagnostic laptop and plugged mine in. Not one dropped call. So much for Verizon being better than AT&T.

YMMV.
    I like the part of the story where I come in and say that I've never had a dropped call on Verizon. MMDV.
    iPhone 5 16GB / 21.5" iMac. 3.06GHz OSX Mountain Lion/ Apple TV 2nd Gen/ iPad Gen2, 16GB.
    iPhone Newbie

I have never had a dropped call and my download speeds are anywhere from 800kps-1800kps. Not bad for a (so-called) slow network.
    iPhone 5 32Gb | MBA 13in | 21.5in iMac
    iPhone Newbie

Dropped and "Breaking Up" Calls-imageuploadedbytapatalk1298614387.284668.jpg This is from random places around my town.
    iPhone 5 32Gb | MBA 13in | 21.5in iMac
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yeah I live in an area where the best service I have with VZW is 3 bars max and not a single dropped call ever! I'd say it has been 10 yrs now Though my data has certainly been dropping in and out of 3G a lot more since the iPhone came along.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

No issues for me . . . Excellent service on an amazing phone!