Dropped and "Breaking Up" Calls

dejagood

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I still love my phone despite the more frequent dropped calls and people saying I'm breaking up. I've never had these issues with my BB...do I need to call Verizon and have them reprogram or something?

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
The consensus seems to be better signal and call quality with the iPhone compared to other phones. If you suffer from dropped calls with Verizon, period, you should evaluate other carriers in your area. Otherwise, *228 and do both option 1 and 2 to make sure everything is up to date.

dejagood

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing, I've been with Vzw for years because I've never had dropped calls. Its the best in our area period. I did the *228 and we'll see what that does...

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen today, too. BUT, lately Verizon's been coming in and out in my area. My best guess? All of the iPhones are taking a tiny toll :D

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Funny story. One of my users got an i4 for Verizon and was suffering pitiful battery life. We went to the Apple store to get it replaced. The genius took her phone and plugged it in for diagnostics and I noticed on some days she had some dropped calls. He went back to get her phone replaced, so I took his diagnostic laptop and plugged mine in. Not one dropped call. So much for Verizon being better than AT&T.

YMMV.

Last edited:

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Funny story. One of my users got an i4 for Verizon and was suffering pitiful battery life. We went to the Apple store to get it replaced. The genius took her phone and plugged it in for diagnostics and I noticed on some days she had some dropped calls. He went back to get her phone replaced, so I took his diagnostic laptop and plugged mine in. Not one dropped call. So much for Verizon being better than AT&T.

YMMV.
I like the part of the story where I come in and say that I've never had a dropped call on Verizon. MMDV. :)

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I live in an area where the best service I have with VZW is 3 bars max and not a single dropped call ever! I'd say it has been 10 yrs now :) Though my data has certainly been dropping in and out of 3G a lot more since the iPhone came along.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox