ATT Iphone to Verizon Iphone Experience

motionxxusxx#IM

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Im on the fence about switching. I couldn't find a dedicated thread talkin about peoples experience with switching from the ATT to Verizon Iphone. My main concern is the slower data speeds on Verizon. I would love to hear someone's real world experience. Do you notice much difference?

ThirtySackLunches

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a iPhone 3G on ATT, and now have a Verizon Iphone 4. I can tell no real life difference in data speed. I however DO have data coverage almost everywhere now, even in rural areas where with ATT I did not.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
IMO, this is really a question you will have to answer for yourself. I have found that with ATT, literally a mile can make a difference in my quality of service. I live within 2 miles of two towers and have poor service - 2-3 bars and about .5-.8mbps 3G speeds. I go one mile to the west and I get 1.5-2mbps. In my experience, Sprint and Verizon are consistently more solid where you have coverage and ATT is inconsistent. I am sure you have read that VZW is slower and it can be but you are more likely to have a signal and connection around every corner. I had rather have slower, more consistent data. YMMV.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
IMO, this is really a question you will have to answer for yourself. I have found that with ATT, literally a mile can make a difference in my quality of service. I live within 2 miles of two towers and have poor service - 2-3 bars and about .5-.8mbps 3G speeds. I go one mile to the west and I get 1.5-2mbps. In my experience, Sprint and Verizon are consistently more solid where you have coverage and ATT is inconsistent. I am sure you have read that VZW is slower and it can be but you are more likely to have a signal and connection around every corner. I had rather have slower, more consistent data. YMMV.

I agree I have an AT&T iPhone and my data speeds fluctuate wildly within only a mile distance.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Depends where you are ... In my neighborhood my att ip4 has much faster data than Verizon iP4 ... @ work it's the opposite, @ both location have 4 bars on both phones.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I will echo what everyone has said. Depends where you are. In my case I had AT&T for a long
time. About 3 1/2 years. Was using the i4 on it until November when I switched to VZW. Why?
Because the places that I frequent began to have progressively worse coverage after a while.
I don't know why. I was happy with AT&T for a long time. But 2010 was the final straw for me.

Now on VZW, I can actually stream Pandora at the gym without it pausing to rebuffer every
damn time because the signal would drop. It's been a good experience for me to tell you the
truth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2