How to pass the security code?

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Well i'm not in that position at the moment but i nearly was about to forget the number security code of the lock screen on my iphone4. I want to know if there is a way to go around it or instaling an application that provide "password hint pop up" in case i come to forget the password?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Maybe with jailbreaking. But if there was a way around it that would kind of defeat the purpose of the code...

If you really forget it the only way is to restore the iPhone as new with iTunes.

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe with jailbreaking. But if there was a way around it that would kind of defeat the purpose of the code...

If you really forget it the only way is to restore the iPhone as new with iTunes.

Will i lose my data on the phone? Like those i have in awesome note, momento, download pro, docstogo even though i very often make the back up with my computer? And if not i will not lose any of my docs performing the restore, how to get that restore done? Just like what i use to read on google like home button and sleep/wake button hold down until i see apple mark?

r2fa3l

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
if you jailbreak it.
download lockdownpro

if u forget ur code
there's also a secret word u'll post
and it'll unlock ur phone. [like a backup Password]

if you don't remember either.....
simply go to cydia and uninstall the app

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Will i lose my data on the phone? Like those i have in awesome note, momento, download pro, docstogo even though i very often make the back up with my computer? And if not i will not lose any of my docs performing the restore, how to get that restore done? Just like what i use to read on google like home button and sleep/wake button hold down until i see apple mark?

You will lose everything, again part of the security. If you restore from a backup that had the code I am pretty sure it will ask for the code when you restore.

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
if you jailbreak it.
download lockdownpro

if u forget ur code
there's also a secret word u'll post
and it'll unlock ur phone. [like a backup Password]

if you don't remember either.....
simply go to cydia and uninstall the app

No my phone isn't jailbreaked and i can't even do that as i'm not in the usa but in China and the iphone from Hongkong or taiwan and they can not be jailbreaked, i mean they can but itsn't stable like yours and more over after jailbreaking the iPhone4 here, you can not swich it off anymore. So i can't jailbreak my phone. So i'm asking for a way out from jailbreaking and cydia store, to pass the lock pass coded screen incase of forget what the pass code was. Thanks

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You will lose everything, again part of the security. If you restore from a backup that had the code I am pretty sure it will ask for the code when you restore.

Jesus... What i'm i suppose to do to prevent such a desaster? Write the password in my bible and never ever change it? Are u sure that the back up on the computer also backup my lock screen pass word???

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What is the big deal here? If you're THAT worried about forgetting your code, write it down somewhere and put it in your safe, or email it to yourself.

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
What is the big deal here? If you're THAT worried about forgetting your code, write it down somewhere and put it in your safe, or email it to yourself.

Sure i can do that. And that's what i'm going to do by the way, i was hoping that there could be an app that can set up the lock screen password while asking to input hint and answer. That should have been very convenient and fearless somehow.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Sure i can do that. And that's what i'm going to do by the way, i was hoping that there could be an app that can set up the lock screen password while asking to input hint and answer. That should have been very convenient and fearless somehow.

This makes no sense a reminder will not help you remember your passcode or you wouldn't have totally forgotten it then. What could be easier than writing 4 numbers on a piece of paper and putting it into your wallet?? I think that would be faster and easier than having a reminder question pop up because you still have to try and remember? A passcode is to prevent access to the phone so if there was an easy way to get around it like everyone has said it would be kind of pointless. So you can turn the passlock on, or leave it off. If you can't JB then like Massie said write it down and keep it in your wallet.

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
This makes no sense a reminder will not help you remember your passcode or you wouldn't have totally forgotten it then. What could be easier than writing 4 numbers on a piece of paper and putting it into your wallet?? I think that would be faster and easier than having a reminder question pop up because you still have to try and remember? A passcode is to prevent access to the phone so if there was an easy way to get around it like everyone has said it would be kind of pointless. So you can turn the passlock on, or leave it off. If you can't JB then like Massie said write it down and keep it in your wallet.

I beleive that when you forget the password of your email, your mail provider service gives you alternatives, ( what is your alternative email? What is the name of your first car or dog? Etc..) i beleive that when you forget the code of your bank card, your banker gives you alternatives like ( where is your ID or passport etc... So yes it's a security code yes, but still it should have provided at least one alternative in case of lost of the pass code, and this goes for everything that has a pass code except ofcourse the iphone4 lock screen pass code. So again i can write my pass code down on a paper and put it in my wallet, but itsn't what i'm supposed to be doing. Itsn't just not reliable at all as human can come to forget, and i didn't buy an iPhone for me to carry a piece of paper holding my lock screen pass word everywhere i go... Did i? Anyway guys thanks and i will write my pass code down each time i change the pass word to prevent my self from facing hell of the not remembering the iphone lock screen pass code.

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If you have Verizon, at least, you can call up and they can unlock it for you i think.

If what u are saying is true, at least verizon is preventive like i'm saying here. The device and the os was made by aple and they should have provided an alternative in case anyone happen to forget his iPhone lock screen pass word either than having to carry a piece of paper everywhere or having to go through tha pain of losing EVERYTHING.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I beleive that when you forget the password of your email, your mail provider service gives you alternatives, ( what is your alternative email? What is the name of your first car or dog? Etc..) i beleive that when you forget the code of your bank card, your banker gives you alternatives like ( where is your ID or passport etc... So yes it's a security code yes, but still it should have provided at least one alternative in case of lost of the pass code, and this goes for everything that has a pass code except ofcourse the iphone4 lock screen pass code. So again i can write my pass code down on a paper and put it in my wallet, but itsn't what i'm supposed to be doing. Itsn't just not reliable at all as human can come to forget, and i didn't buy an iPhone for me to carry a piece of paper holding my lock screen pass word everywhere i go... Did i? Anyway guys thanks and i will write my pass code down each time i change the pass word to prevent my self from facing hell of the not remembering the iphone lock screen pass code.

These are things that they will not give you until you provide identification to prove who you are. Also there are many times when you have to give an alternate email incase you don't get the questions right which happens alot. Anyway whatever my main point is writing the 4 numbers down and putting it into your wallet is not that difficult.

iLurk13

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Why not use a credit card or bank card as a memory device. Almost everyone carries a credit card with them. A credit card has 16 numbers, 4 sets of 4 numbers, so pick a set and use that as your lock code. Then make sure to set the number of password tries to 4 or more on your iPhone so it won't lock out if you are wrong. If you forget just start entering each of the set of 4 numbers until you unlock your phone. This way you don't have to remember which set of 4 numbers and you don't have to worry about losing the little piece of paper. Just don't lose your wallet! lol.

Last edited:

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think that apple can just add an option like after 5 wrong inputs, ask if yes or not to send the password to me email or something very reliable like that. I can not just be like if i happen to forget my password and previously didn't save it anyware i must lose evrything. But if going to the apple store can help recover the lost pass word, then i see it as an alternative because like the ATM post above, when i forget my password, yes the ATM doesn't give me hints, but i can go to my bank and there they will give me some hints and work around. That will be just perfect from apple.

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you've gotten some really good advice here (I personally like the idea of the credit/bank card and using one of those groups of numbers), but if you're so worried about remembering it and apparently won't do something like simply write it down why not just not use the passcode at all? While I can see your point that being e-mailed could help in a situation where you forgot (which, using it often I don't know how you could but I'll say something like after a night of drinking for example), but what if you are nowhere near a way to access your e-mail and need to use the phone immediately? It may be waiting for you but that won't be a help if you can't get somewhere to find out, know what I mean?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73