Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

398 Posts
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts

Default Replying to a email

I have a small strange issue with replying to emails

when I reply to some emails the sentence just continues across the screen until I hit enter then it tabs down a line. creating a long sentence on the same line which then if i need to read it I need to scroll to the left to see it , this is annoying to say the least

Other emails I reply to, the sentence automatically tabs down a line when I get to the edge of the screen, it detects that I am near the edge and drops down to the next line automatically like it does when I create a new email.

has anyone else had this problem, I almost think it is related to the existing emails format?

Does this make any sense ?
    iPhone Pro

625 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts

I think it has to do with the e-mail you're replying to.

Like if I were to reply to an eBay newsletter. When I'm reading it, the images are scaled down to fit the screen, but once I hit reply, if I scroll down the image seems to be back to its original size, so if I type, the text continues the width of the original e-mail, then it word wraps to the next line.

If I was replying to an e-mail with text only, the text word wraps at the edge of the screen. No scrolling.