Verizon iPhone 4 Out of the Box defective

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am assuming, wouldn't I have gotten a defective unit as well if I had purchased directly from Apple? I mean, after all mine was shipped from Apple to Best Buy. Am I wrong? Maybe I am.

Not at all. It happens. It can be defective from apple, best buy, walmart....doesn't matter.

Reactions: trends

brina042

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My first Verizon Iphone came with a defective power button (it literally stopped working an hour after activating the phone) Verizon replaced it, no questions asked :)

trends

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My first Verizon Iphone came with a defective power button (it literally stopped working an hour after activating the phone) Verizon replaced it, no questions asked :)

That is horrible too. Mine did not even turn on though haha. What a first impression for a first time Apple...

trends

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. It happens. It can be defective from apple, best buy, walmart....doesn't matter.

Yeah! That's what I mean, for some reason I thought you meant buying from Apple directly would solve the problem. We are on the same page.
I am still pretty upset about the whole thing...but hey, lesson learned.

trends

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My 16GB died for no particularly good reason out of the blue. It was 3 days old. VZW swapped it out for a new one and they were as confused as I was I was over the possible cause. New one seems to be fine, all good now. Sync with iTunes frequently. And the cloud is your friend! Dropbox anyone? Saved my bacon already once. So hardware failures DO happen. Relax they'll fix it and it'll be all better.

That's a bad start too. Thank you for sharing your experience...makes me feel better. I am supposed to get one tomorrow...called them and told them what happened, they told me not to worry.

mgrayo01

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
That's a bad start too. Thank you for sharing your experience...makes me feel better. I am supposed to get one tomorrow...called them and told them what happened, they told me not to worry.

Can you believe that I got TWO lemons before I got my current Verizon iPhone? The first one couldn't make a call without speakerphone on (other person couldn't hear me through regular phone). The second one went into recovery mode when I tried to sync it with my iTunes after activation at the Apple store. Luckily I'm in the NYC area and have a few options in terms of Apple store locations, so it wasn't very hard to get to one, but still frustrating. It'll work out. Eventually you'll get one that works! LOL

trends

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Can you believe that I got TWO lemons before I got my current Verizon iPhone? The first one couldn't make a call without speakerphone on (other person couldn't hear me through regular phone). The second one went into recovery mode when I tried to sync it with my iTunes after activation at the Apple store. Luckily I'm in the NYC area and have a few options in terms of Apple store locations, so it wasn't very hard to get to one, but still frustrating. It'll work out. Eventually you'll get one that works! LOL

You serious? Somebody mentioned I just got a needle in a haystack. You found 2 in the same haystack. I am seriously considering getting my money back and cancelling my contract with Verizon now that I can. I really want to try an iPhone, but it seems they don't want to be tried and won't turn on.

I have tried Nokias, Blackberries, everything, never a problem.

Not trying to bash Apple, but before I can like them, I suppose their products will have to work out of the box. Until then, I just don't trust them. So hopefully this new phone works the way it should.

At least you got a good one this time? How do you like it so far? These lemons you got were Verizon iPhones right?

I will still try to get the replacement today, and see what happens. I will report back with any news, if any.

Thank you for your reply

Last edited:

mgrayo01

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You serious? Somebody mentioned I just got a needle in a haystack. You found 2 in the same haystack. I am seriously considering getting my money back and cancelling my contract with Verizon now that I can. I really want to try an iPhone, but it seems they don't want to be tried and won't turn on.

I have tried Nokias, Blackberries, everything, never a problem.

Not trying to bash Apple, but before I can like them, I suppose their products will have to work out of the box. Until then, I just don't trust them. So hopefully this new phone works the way it should.

At least you got a good one this time? How do you like it so far? These lemons you got were Verizon iPhones right?

I will still try to get the replacement today, and see what happens. I will report back with any news, if any.

Thank you for your reply

Well, I know for a fact the first one was a lemon. The second one the Apple genius couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. He said it may have been a firmware corruption or something. He didn't wanna spend an hour or more trying to do a company restore so he just gave me a new one and said he would work on the corrupted one some other time to see if it could be saved.

Don't give up because of what happened to me. I haven't heard of anyone else having to replace twice. And yes, I am on Verizon (iPhone). My current (third) iPhone is working just fine now for about a week and I love it.

I've been waiting for it for a while. I've had two blackberries before this and the iPhone is so much better in terms apps, entertainment, music, web browsing, etc. The only thing that I could say the Blackberry is better for is push email reliability.

I'd try at least one more time. If you get another bad one I could understand you giving up on it. I was ready to give up after my second one bricked.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Don't worry about it. Apple's warranty will take care of you for a full year. Eventually you will get one that works.

I had 4 original iPhones, 2 iPhone 3G, and on my second iPhone 4. My first iPhone 4 came with a cracked camera lense (as well as data connection issues), this was 3 days after it's release and Best Buy had no replacements they could give me. I had to drive the hour to an Apple Store to get it replaced.

Last edited:

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

So today is Thursday, did you get your issue resolved?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh