Can't delete text messages

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
For some reason today my phone decided to not allow me to delete text messages. I've had an iPhone since they came out. I know to delete messages you can swipe and hit delete or hit edit in the top and then delete.

Now every time I try to delete a text message it shows me the red delete icon but it shows up for about 1 second and disappears and won't allow me to delete anything.

I've rebooted the phone...didn't work
I've restored the phone completely...still didn't work

After doing some research I read other people had this problem and they suggested turning off and on the wifi and 3G...oddly enough that worked, but it's not a good easy fix. I can only delete one persons text messages at a time then I have to go back in and turn off and on 3G and wifi every time I want to delete a strand of text messages.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a permanent fix?:mad:

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Figured it out...my exchange account had the wrong password entered and in the background it kept trying to log me in. so i deleted the account just cuz i was frustrated and out of pure luck this fixed the deleting text message thing.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Right? I have no idea why that fixed the problem. I noticed that while all that was happening my battery life was cut to a third and my phone was running really hot too. But it's because the phone was working in the background. Also, I noticed that my "import sim contacts" button was blinking and that stopped when I deleted the account. Basically, check your accounts and make sure all your passwords are correct so your phone isn't working the background. And again I have no idea how this is tied to not being able to delete texts but it worked...and it set my phone back to normal battery life and everything.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711