Unable to join wifi

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue? at first it would tell me that i was unable to connect. I tried a reset: settings>general>reset>reset network settings

now i get incorrect password. i know my password is correct, typed it in slowly the third time to make sure i input correctly.:confused:

edit_text

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't feel bad, I get that very often at work. Never seems to be a problem on my home network. I have found that if it fails to connect, I can usually just hit cancel and it will connect later. If I press the issue I will have to re-type my password.

e_t

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Try re-booting your router. This worked for me until I updated my router's firmware and since then I haven't had a problem.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue? at first it would tell me that i was unable to connect. I tried a reset: settings>general>reset>reset network settings

now i get incorrect password. i know my password is correct, typed it in slowly the third time to make sure i input correctly.:confused:

No problems for me. Use WIFI all the time at home. If you are using Windows XP make sure you type in the hexadecimals not the passphrase otherwise password will not be accepted.

tylerd#IM

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Try re-booting your router. This worked for me until I updated my router's firmware and since then I haven't had a problem.

Can you point me in the right direction to update a router's firmware? I have been having troubles connecting with all my devices and restarting them is the only thing that helps.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Can you point me in the right direction to update a router's firmware? I have been having troubles connecting with all my devices and restarting them is the only thing that helps.

You might find the firmware on the manufacturer's website, or also in the router's settings (you might have to type in an IP address like 192.168.1.1 or something similar to access the settings, consult your owner's manual).

glitzymama

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have fios and when it installed a bunch of links on my laptop for troubleshooting when I first got it. You should check any preinstalled links your internet provider put on your computer when you installed the modem - or try going to your internet provider's website. Usually they have a list of all the modems that are used to access the internet and may have info on any available upgrades to the software for each modem.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
As "RedChirp" said, from your browser go to:
192.168.1.1, you may have to type in your Admin. user name and password. Also make sure you are connected to your router. My DSL Modem has that same address and I changed the router's address to a different address. But since the router is the 1st device your computer sees it should be your router. Go through the tabs.
On my Linksys E3000 it is under the Administration Tab. I just hit the "Firmware Update tab, it asked if I really wanted to do this and I said yes and everything was automatic. Once the update was finished, the router rebooted.
I think I had to go back and set the router up again but that would be the same as when you first set the router up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal