I was thinking about going back to my Evo 4G or maybe getting the new Atrix 4G. Every time I do, the iPhone does something new I like. Ahh... Maybe I'm just getting used to it, plus the thought of carrying a extra battery and 3 chargers is getting old.
    02-18-2011 05:46 PM
    yeah if your on the iPhone 4, none of those devices will compare with battery. My Inspire does not compare in battery life
    02-18-2011 06:01 PM
    I was thinking about going back to my Evo 4G or maybe getting the new Atrix 4G. Every time I do, the iPhone does something new I like. Ahh... Maybe I'm just getting used to it, plus the thought of carrying a extra battery and 3 chargers is getting old.
    If you're on ATT then you're blessed with GSM. Get yourself an Atrix and just
    switch sims whenever you please.
    02-18-2011 06:03 PM
    Not to be rude but...

This is a Iphone forum why are we talking about cheesy andriod phones ??

They are so far inferior to iphone its a insult to have them even mentioned here !!!

Let the flaming begin

ANDROID = CHEESE
    02-18-2011 06:52 PM
    ... sweet jesus...
    02-19-2011 12:44 AM
    So in all actuality, you have to purchase a utility belt alongside the Evo in order to make use of it.. Hmm..
    02-19-2011 03:23 AM
    I came FROM Android to the iPhone 4. There is no way I will go back, not ever. The ONLY thing I miss is Google Maps Navigation. Aside from that, I could never give up my better battery life, better build quality, etc.
    02-19-2011 06:42 AM
    Just moved from Android to iPhone and have to say Wow! Better screen, better battery life.

Jimbo
    02-19-2011 07:10 AM
    I moved from the Evo to the iPhone. I would suggest a jail break with the following items out of Cydia.

LockInfo - Lets you have the status bar pulldown like android for notifications.

SBSettings - Lets you swipe the status bar left to right for toggles like you had from the HTC widget.

Popup Blocker - Lets you hide those annoying popup push alerts because you have them in the status bar anyways.
    02-19-2011 11:06 AM
    Its what ever makes you happy. Personally I can't see the Evo offering more than the i4, but everyone is different. GL with your decision )
    02-20-2011 06:27 AM
    I moved from the Evo to the iPhone. I would suggest a jail break with the following items out of Cydia.

LockInfo - Lets you have the status bar pulldown like android for notifications.

SBSettings - Lets you swipe the status bar left to right for toggles like you had from the HTC widget.

Popup Blocker - Lets you hide those annoying popup push alerts because you have them in the status bar anyways.
    I tried the EVO for a week before getting my iph4. I came back.

I just installed Popup Blocker. My understanding is just select "push" and that should take care of the FB ones correct? Those are the worst when I have to answer it in order to hang up a phone call.
    02-20-2011 09:03 AM
    I tried the EVO for a week before getting my iph4. I came back.

I just installed Popup Blocker. My understanding is just select "push" and that should take care of the FB ones correct? Those are the worst when I have to answer it in order to hang up a phone call.
    yep, settings>popup blocker>alerts>push notifications>block when unlocked>on>block when locked>on

one of many reasons reasons to be jailbroken
    02-20-2011 09:27 AM
    Yeah, you'll look at you're Evo's screen and say "crap, the iPhone 4 looks so much better"

LOL, well, the iPhone 4 has a much better app store, and iOS 5 will be here, well, in June or July, idk, 4g is really nice, I have an iPhone 4 and if you jailbreak it is SO worth it
    02-20-2011 09:28 AM
    Can't see a return to non-retina display myself OR another bout of battery anxiety.

I think the OP is a joke. No reasonable human would carry three chargers and two batteries no matter what sort of small benefit some guy may see in an Android. I know I'd use an HTC before I had to carry multiple batteries and chargers to use my iPhone.

But for me, an avid book reader on my iPhone, the display makes the phone.
    02-20-2011 09:45 AM
    I came from the Evo to the Iphone 4 a week ago. There is only two things the iphone 4 really does better and that is battery life and sync to my apple computer. I could actually do way more with my Evo. I do like the Ipone 4 though. I also think I liked the Android market better then the App store. I will stay with Apple though due to owning everything else apple. Really if I did not own macs I would of stayed with Android. I say all this while being very satisfied with the Iphone though. I think if Iphone doesn't make some changes though they will be left behind by Android. I feel like android is developing much faster the Apple.

The most thing I do miss about the Evo is the Android browser which blows Ios browser away.
    Last edited by buggyman; 02-20-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    02-20-2011 02:51 PM

COOL, so i can buy a less powerful phone, hack it, just so it can do a FEW things my more powerful phone can already do?? Hmmmm Yea!
    That sounds just like perfect sense in APPLE land.... NOT!
    02-20-2011 03:03 PM
    COOL, so i can buy a less powerful phone, hack it, just so it can do a FEW things my more powerful phone can already do??
    Exactly...
    02-20-2011 03:30 PM
    Not gonna lie, I'm seriously tempted by the Atrix...
    02-20-2011 03:44 PM
    Android Phones are for TOOLS
    02-20-2011 05:45 PM
    apparently they are so "powerful" that they need to charge more often..?
    02-20-2011 05:54 PM
    I am assuming your about 12 years old this year??
    02-20-2011 06:16 PM
    LOL. I am certain Apple and their fans are SO proud to have YOU as their representative! LOSER!
    02-20-2011 06:28 PM
    apparently they are so "powerful" that they need to charge more often..?
    Hey, I'm good with my portable (think Ghostbusters) nuclear charger while I'm on the go...
    02-20-2011 06:30 PM
    I would wait until Apple brings out the iphone 5
    02-20-2011 06:32 PM
    I have a ip4 with version 4.2.1 I assume this is the newest version

In settings I have no options for a pop up blocker?

Am I missing something here ?
    02-20-2011 07:01 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD