Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default How can I get my email faster, coming from BB

I have the iphone since launch day and the email is coming in so slow. I have a gmail, aol, and work account on my iphone. I dont care about gmail and aol speed, but I have my work email set up as a pop3 account on the phone and it is sooooo slooooow.

Any suggestions for new or revised set up would be great. I want to love the phone but this is really holding me back...

HELP
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

Set it up as an exchange that way it gets your email as soon as you have it
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Check if your company supports Exchange for mobile device syncing. That's the only way to get push. POP3 doesn't push so you will only get fetch at an interval you set or manual fetch when you open the app.

You can also setup gmail with Exchange, check out Google Sync.
    iPhone Intermediate

If your work doesn't offer exchange, you could set up gmail to access the POP account and get Exchange through the backdoor...
    32GB Verizon iPhone
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

my company uses go daddy to host email accounts, can i set up as exchange like the gamail?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Only if your company has paid for exchange hosting - it's a separate charge on godaddy.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Forward them to a free hotmail account then set it up on your iPhone as a Microsoft exchange account.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk
    32g ViP: February 7, 2011 8:32am CST
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    The Latest

If your company will allow your mail to be forwarded to a personal account, The most streamline way of doing it will probably be to have your work mail forwarded to the personal gmail account that you already have, and then setup the gmail account on your phone as an exchange. You will have both your personal, and work mail pushed from the same account.