Crappy Story

jjr07726

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So I preorder the iphone from Apple and Verizon (one for me and one for my parents). Verizon one comes on monday to the office, I open and activate it. Apple one comes on Tuesday, put it in my desk drawer. Go to bring it home 2 days later and its gone. Someone stole an unopened iphone from my desk drawer in my office. Boom $650 full retail stolen. No clue what to do here. Apparently Apple says no one can activate it besides myself. Does anyone know if that's true. It was still in the shrink wrap!!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple should know its serial number, after you're done with the police, report it stolen to Apple and Verizon, and it gets put on a list of stolen phones that can never be activated on Verizon's network.

jjr07726

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yea I did that with both Apple and Verizon. But I'm still out 650. I guess all that can make me happy is that whoever has the phone can't activate it

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Call your credit card company and see if they have insurance for lost or stolen goods in a given time. Good luck, I really hope it works out for you.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Your card company should take care of you. Even debit cards, which is what I used, has a pretty good policy about helping you out in these type situations. Its worth a shot. Hope everything works out.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That is terrible but why didnt you take it home with you? I mean I would never leave anything valuable at work too many people who could take it. That's a shame though

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
On second thought...is there any way to put insurance on the phone (you have 14 days at vzw) and get a new one? Probably not because you've already called, but I just wanted to throw it out there. I know there's a deductible but it would be better than no phone...

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Man that is a really crappy story. But like many have said, why didn't you just take it home? Hope you get everything straightened out.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hope it works out. Not sure what the credit card company would be able to do. Hopefully they can help somehow though but I'm trying to imagine what it would like if they reimbursed everyone who called about something being stolen. I don't want to throw more salt on the wound, but I don't understand why you would leave something that valuable in an unlocked office desk drawer. Does your work have cameras and maybe a log of the cleaning persons working that night? I would look into all options to find the person.

Jf15

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Very crappy story! Go into work tomorrow and slap anyone with a iPhone 4 then wait for the cleaning people and so the same.

jjr07726

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Bought it with Amex and its covered under theft protection. What a savior. I guess its worth the 50 bucks a year I pay for Amex. They said it would be refunded to my card within 30 days

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
On second thought...is there any way to put insurance on the phone (you have 14 days at vzw) and get a new one? Probably not because you've already called, but I just wanted to throw it out there. I know there's a deductible but it would be better than no phone...

That is fraud. Why would you recommend that?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods