Leaving message on server?

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife is trying to set up an email account and she needs it to leave the message on the server so she can pull it down to her laptop later...

How can you do this?

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Not true. By default the iphone will leave mail on server. There isn't an option to change that.

It's the client on your computer you need to make sure you tell it to leave the mail on the server for at least a few days (in case you happen to be unable the get data connection iphone) so that if the email is checked on the computer, it is still there for when the iphone checks it.

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
She checks her email on laptop via "webmail". So you are saying if she checks it on her iPhone, it will still be there when she tries to access on Laptop?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Might depend on her mail provider? I use gmail, set up as an exchange account--this way my phone and my laptop are always in sync. Anything read on my phone is still in my mail account online, it's just marked as read.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
If she just checks it using webmail. She should be fine. Like I said the default setting for delete from server in iPhone is never. If you want to check its under advanced in the email settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73