I am looking for an app that when I get a phone call the city and state also appears on the screen. I know that when i go into the call log it show this, I just want it to show on the incoming call screen too.

any ideas?
    02-14-2011 03:15 PM
    I would love to know the solution to this as well. At this point that is the only thing I miss about my Blackberry
    02-22-2011 07:46 AM
    Voice stuff is all handled by the Phone app. Seems like it would be an easy function to build in, however I think this area is off-limits to 3rd party enhancement. And since Verizon sells it as a service, they certainly wouldn't be a fan of adding the function to a smartphone.
    02-22-2011 09:24 AM
    Yes, I am still looking for an app that does this as well.
    06-15-2011 09:33 PM
    Um...seriously? Take a look at the number in your recent category and it should be listed under the physical number as to where it came from. As long as there is an area code with the number, it will automatically identify where the call is from. That is, if that was the only feature of CityID you were looking for. Hope this helps.
    06-16-2011 03:12 PM
    It doesn't help. The only place it shows up is in the call history, aka recents. I want it to come through with the phone number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-16-2011 06:35 PM
    I am looking for an app that when I get a phone call the city and state also appears on the screen. I know that when i go into the call log it show this, I just want it to show on the incoming call screen too.

any ideas?
    Nevermind, saw user needs it to show on call answer screen. Also, this feature is going to be in iOS 5 but only for calls NOT in your contact list.
    Last edited by VZWiP4; 06-21-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    06-21-2011 10:41 AM
    Nevermind, saw user needs it to show on call answer screen. Also, this feature is going to be in iOS 5 but only for calls NOT in your contact list.
    that would be perfect!
    06-21-2011 05:21 PM
    On a stock iPhone you will not find one. Third party apps cannot interface with core apps in this manner. If you were jailbroken it is likely possible. Or it seems you may just have to wait for iOS 5.
    06-22-2011 01:47 PM
    Thanks I did not know it was in iOS5. I will try to wait until then...
    06-26-2011 11:08 PM
    I hope it does... that would be amazing!

that would be perfect!
    06-27-2011 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD