Insurance or no insurance?

adamped92

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
problem is i just dont have 730 at all, im 18 barely make 400 every two weeks, pay my own insurance,gas,rent everything im lucky if i have 50 bucks left after each pay check, if it costs more for verizon then im happy because i then know i can get phone even for 170 and have it in two days then have to wait 2 months to get enough to puy a full price one, and i lose my phones so verizon just seemed right for me but it might not be for other people just my .2$

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
well i did buy the sq insurance yesterday and after reading this thread i called them and bassically they told me 5 days for fix if its not fix i have to spend 730 that i dont have send them my recipt wait for them to refund me back, non the less that could take weeks, i went searching for information and find out that this happenes quite alot and sometimes they say the dont warranty that problem such as hardware failure even though it says on their site they do, but anyways i cancelled it and im going back to the verizon insurance due to the fact that i can walk in with a busted phone and walk out with a new or refurbished one, where with sq i would have to wait 5 days to even see anything resembling my phone, i dont know about you but i cant go 5 days without my phone

This is exactly why I posted this info that I told Darth about. Sometimes unless you ask a rep before you buy you will save alot of grief down the road had you not read the threads and what I posted that I learned. What eveyone swears by on here is not always the best.

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't want to argue with anyone I'm just saying what happened to us with SquareTrade. DIL broke screen by dropping iPhone. File claim online. They send email with label to print.it is postage paid label with next day delivery. Sent off and in 5 days we got it back with new screen. Later the same DIL got the iPhone wet. Filed claim. Got label. Mailed and in 3 days the notified us it could not be fixed and they would issue funds. I believe it was either 2 or 3 days we had the money. Went then and used an upgrade we had available on family plan and got her another one.I just want people to know we never had to go buy phone, mail receipt, and wait for ever for money. Just a FYI for anyone on our experience.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sort of being a rebel and not getting the insurance. Actually since my first phone (10 years now) I've never had insurance and was never sorry. I guess it depends how u use it and where u use your device

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
jailbroke?

if you jailbreak your device, does this void all warranties? i was told that vzw or asurion would not cover and would void the warranty if the device was jailbroken. is this true? or what about apple, spuaretrade, bestbuy etc.? Thanks,

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
if you jailbreak your device, does this void all warranties? i was told that vzw or asurion would not cover and would void the warranty if the device was jailbroken. is this true? or what about apple, spuaretrade, bestbuy etc.? Thanks,

Shhhh! You don't TELL VZW or Apple or anyone that! There is no way to tell the device was JBen, so it would still be covered.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Squaretrade says they will cover jailbroken but not carrier-unlocked devices.

That's nice to know, thanks! I invested in their insurance when it was $81, seemed like a STEAL compared to the $250 over 2 years the Verizon would be. I have Find my iPhone installed, and they'd have to be quicker than I am if they wanted to remove the app before I locked it and sent the police :p

And being able to jump in the pool with my iPhone and still get it replaced is big to me, since I've lost TWO dumbphones over the years to that (one because I was pushed in the pool out of the blue at a party, and the other because I was being a tard :p)

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't want to argue with anyone I'm just saying what happened to us with SquareTrade. DIL broke screen by dropping iPhone. File claim online. They send email with label to print.it is postage paid label with next day delivery. Sent off and in 5 days we got it back with new screen. Later the same DIL got the iPhone wet. Filed claim. Got label. Mailed and in 3 days the notified us it could not be fixed and they would issue funds. I believe it was either 2 or 3 days we had the money. Went then and used an upgrade we had available on family plan and got her another one.I just want people to know we never had to go buy phone, mail receipt, and wait for ever for money. Just a FYI for anyone on our experience.

I also don't want to argue with anyone and am not going to so if this happened to you then you are the only one it happened to because not only have I confirmed my original post about no repair and we have to get a new phone first and then a reimbursment I have 3 friends that have iPhone 4 and one with 3gs and all of them had problems. They had squaretrade and only one friend could get his phone repaired in 4 days, the other had to go out and buy new phones at full retail as I posted to Darth and then get reimbursed so only one opted since he had the money, the others cancelled Squaretrade and had VZW activate their old phones.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I feel as though I'm in the twilight zone. Anyway to actually reply to the original post, YES to insurance, I've had to use it in the past for my kids lost phone and one that his friend spilled a drink on, I use Verizon's provider.

neil7599

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Regarding Worth Avenue insurance

Many of you have talked about SquareTrade, anyone looked into Worth Avenue? Just got my Verizon iPhone today and DO want insurance. Worth is about $100 cheaper than ST but doesn't cover manufactuer defects. I'm not a techie and I'm not in insurance. Anyone tried Worth Ave?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro