Edit #1 Key

jrv331

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I cant find any information on this so Im going to just ask.

I want to edit my #1 key so it enters my voicemail password but cant find instructions anywhere.

Thanks

jrv331

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have no clue what Visual Voice mail is or how to use it. Im just trying to go as basic as I can for now until I learn more.

I'll search for VVM and have a look.
Thanks

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Open the phone app and all the way on the right at the bottom is the voicemail. You access visual voicemail this way, no more dialing for voicemail. The first time you go to this selection it should prompt you to set it up.

Also, you cannot change the #1 key on the keypad to anything else.

Garnoch

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to use visual voicemail. My understanding was that as soon as you activated your iPhone, your old regular voicemail was deleted.

Martog

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to use visual voicemail. My understanding was that as soon as you activated your iPhone, your old regular voicemail was deleted.

It is, and if you had a phone prior to the iPhone that did VVM it still deleted the box has I had to setup a new one with a new password even though my Storm 1 and 2 shared the same VVM box.

jrv331

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now I understand, my idea of "visual" was something different. Up until a few minutes ago I used Google Voice for my messages. I liked the idea of a text notification. I never used verizons voicemail so I never set it up.

got it now.
Thanks

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would think you just dial your own number to access your voice mail. Perhaps if that does work on the iPhone (It works on every other phone out there, even the dumb phones) just add a speed dial to your own number to #1.

I have visual voice mail on my phone. The only difference I think from Apple's is when I tap a selection, I get a full screen view of their picture, name, number, time and date they called as well as a transcript of what they said plus a rating system where I can rate the transcript based on how accurate it was (and so far its been very accurate) and I guess that gets sent back to the back end where they can improve the visual voice mail. Plus from there I can send a voice memo back, call them back speaker or delete.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2