Some problem about iPhone contacts backup to computer

green7o7o

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi!
My computer crashed and I had to reformat the entire system. I've lost all data, including previous iTunes library.
I'm scared to plug in my iPhone into iTunes, coz I'm unsure what it might do to it!
Here are my problem questions that I'd appreciate any help on:
- Transferring all contacts from iPhone to the computer (outlook or windows address, anything is fine...so long as I have a back-up on my PC)
- I'm confused about the term sync. Does it work both ways in transferring / backing up data when you plug in the iPhone?
- When I do manage to transfer contacts from iPhone to PC, what happens to the rest of my iPhone data in the process - photos, music, videos,apps?
Please help!
Thanks!!

laiza_j

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
if u haven got any backup; I think u can backup ur contacts to a gmail account from ur iPhone. then u r safe to do any trials with ur syncing :) hope it helps

mrgnzr

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally deleted my iTunes folder on my iMac and when I synced everything was lost on my iPad. I retrieved the iTunes folder from trash, resynced, and everything came back. In short, I would be careful!

christinegrape

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
when you plug you iphone back up to you itunes itll back it up completly your pics your contacts your messages etc. it wont erase it because itll back it up first..
You may loose music though im not sure if it backs that up or not i cant remember that partBesides i share you a article about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer, which can help you backup all iPhone contacts and contact photos from iPhone to your computer and keep them safe on the computer.
Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!

softwarebbs.com/wiki/How_to_transfer_and_backup_contacts_from_iPhone_to_PC

Last edited:

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
green7o7o;1676423 - When I do manage to transfer contacts from iPhone to PC said:
You can contact Apple here and explain the situation. They will then make everything you have ever bought on iTunes available to redownload for free.

Photos are synced on backup (although I'd email them to myself before I connected to iTunes just in case)

Yusuf.Moosa

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The syncing can be dangerous. For contacts get an app called contacts tool. You can then export your contacts. Then if you lose them, you can always retrieve them through this app.

Yusuf.Moosa

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Syncing can be dangerous. For contacts download an app called contacts tool. This allows you to export your contacts. If you lose them, you can retrieve it through the app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2