push email for hotmail, working but duplicate msgs

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just setup push email on my wifes iphone through microsoft exchange, works good but I'm getting 2 of the same emails everytime within a few seconds?

Any ideas?

*actually the second email comes in when I check the first.

Last edited:

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you possibly have the account set up an an exchange account as well as some other type, or in your account list is there only one showing?

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
2 the hotmail and the exchange, the exchange is the only one I created, did it create a second hotmail by itself?

I just deleted the hotmail and it's working now with only a single msg, but when I open my mail it does not show all my messages in my inbox only the ones that came in after the exchange setup. Is this normal?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
2 the hotmail and the exchange, the exchange is the only one I created, did it create a second hotmail by itself?

I just deleted the hotmail and it's working now with only a single msg, but when I open my mail it does not show all my messages in my inbox only the ones that came in after the exchange setup. Is this normal?

Why do you have 2 hotmail AND the exchange? The exchange should be your hotmail e-mail, you don't need the hotmail AND a separate exchange account.

As for the second question, yes, it will only show since you activated that account.

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Why do you have 2 hotmail AND the exchange? The exchange should be your hotmail e-mail, you don't need the hotmail AND a separate exchange account.

As for the second question, yes, it will only show since you activated that account.

not sure why 2 were there, I only setup the one exchange account. either way it works now thanks. I just don't like how you can only see messages that were received after activation, the other normal hotmail account showed all.

Just curious in case you know, why does it need to be setup through exchange to push? My gmail which used to be push on other phones needs to go through that exchange to push on iphone also.

Thanks again

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just curious in case you know, why does it need to be setup through exchange to push? My gmail which used to be push on other phones needs to go through that exchange to push on iphone also.

Thanks again

This is an excellent question, to which I have the same one.

On my iPod touch which has never EVER been set up as an exchange but rather just regular e-mail still to this day gets push e-mail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods