Help! Voicemail issue

kss78

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So okay...this my problem. I set up my iphone on Tuesday without a problem, voicemail and all. It was easy. Then on Thursday I ported my old number to my iphone and now my voicemail doesnt work. When someone calls it asks to enter my mailbox number which i have no idea what it is. I tried my phone number, last four digits. I've called Verizon. So far they haven't been much help. Transferred me to apple and after 57 minutes on hold I gave up. I tried restoring my phone and nothing. It doesn't give me the set up option when I hit the voicemail icon. Any ideas?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So okay...this my problem. I set up my iphone on Tuesday without a problem, voicemail and all. It was easy. Then on Thursday I ported my old number to my iphone and now my voicemail doesnt work. When someone calls it asks to enter my mailbox number which i have no idea what it is. I tried my phone number, last four digits. I've called Verizon. So far they haven't been much help. Transferred me to apple and after 57 minutes on hold I gave up. I tried restoring my phone and nothing. It doesn't give me the set up option when I hit the voicemail icon. Any ideas?

Try Verizon tech support again; find out if they took your phone out of the voicemail system, and put it back again. If they say 'no' - see if you can get them to do that. Sometimes with number changes, the systems get confused - and deleting and re-establishng your phone in the system will cure this type of issue... and you'll need to set-up again if they do that.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem too. Verizon had to reset something to get my visual voicemail back up and running, and then I had to *228. Otherwise calls were going into the old *86 system.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh