Lost SMS Icon

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
maybe you moved it to another screen and created a folder by dropping it onto another icon, messages is an icon you can't delete

jackierq

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have lost my (green) message icon. I know people think it can't be deleted but it can. I accidentally placed it in a folder labeled "lifestyle" and accidentally deleted it. Now in order to receive text messages I have to go to the first "search screen" and type "MESS" and it appears. But I don't know how to get the icon back onto the phone. HELP!!!

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It is impossible to delete the message app. All of the pre loaded apps do not generate an "x" in the top left corner when you hold them down to make changes on your screen. The only way anyone will believe you have succesfully deleted this app is to post screen shots of all of your screens. It's there somewhere.

I have lost my (green) message icon. I know people think it can't be deleted but it can. I accidentally placed it in a folder labeled "lifestyle" and accidentally deleted it. Now in order to receive text messages I have to go to the first "search screen" and type "MESS" and it appears. But I don't know how to get the icon back onto the phone. HELP!!!

If it shows up in the search screen then it is still on the phone. If it was deleted it would not show up there.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, you can?t delete it. And even if you could, you could not find/access it on your iDevice if you had deleted it.

1. Go to the Spotlight screen (Home screen and scroll to the left).
  2. Type Messages in the search box.
  3. See where the icon lives (the name of the folder is on the right side of the list entry)

Attachments

• IMG_0096.PNG
    IMG_0096.PNG
    141 KB · Views: 12

Jexine

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
My icon was in the page to the left of the home page and when I typed message in the search box i could see that my messages icon was in my Lifestyle icons box. Thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2