Best case for iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
As I've said before" Case-Mate POP. Good protection with hard plastic/soft rubber and a great grippy feel on the sides when you are holding it.

Edit: Also, there is a forum just about cases and accessories here on TiPb. :)

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
After doing a bunch of research (watching drop tests on youtube :) ) I decided to go with Incipio NGP.
1- It's out now and fits ViP
2- It's excellent for drop protection as I saw in YouTube videos
3- It does not add a lot of bulk to the iPhone, pretty slim case compared to others.
4- Comes in a few different color options, although I think they are missing some key colors :(
5- It's only $20 at walmart or $25 on their site
6- Comes with a screen guard too. Bonus :)
7- Comes with a 1 year guarantee

Check it out. I love it.

1- One downside is that I bought a screen protector on ebay that has the anti glare and anti fingerprint finish. I put it on extremely well. Perfectly centered and no air bubbles. Then once I put on the case, it seems to have somehow peeled the corners off and now there is an air bubble in each corner. No matter what I do I can't get rid of them. Seems like the case pushes in on the corners and creates these air bubbles that I can't get rid of. :( Other then that, it's great.

Dan@

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered up the Otterbox Defender case last night. Hoping it gets here the same time my Verizon Iphone arrives. I like the Defender as i have kids and i don't have to worry about it as much when they drop it by accident.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't really use a case at all. But if I do sometimes, I use the Case-Mate barely there.

When I go to the gym, I use the Otterbox defender. It's a tank and I can throw it around
without worrying about damaging anything. Plus I can't get any sweat all over the phone.
(I sweat profusely)

Srbucy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a Stealth Predator case from Ion. And an Alligator and Ostrich case from Piel Frama. They look sweet. And the reviews on these items seemed good. Pricing is a little high on these items. But the protection and look of these are the best I have seen

nitsuj

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know who makes it, but I picked up a carbon fiber case at the Verizon store for $20. I like it. Not too bulky, good for pocket carry. And I'm a sucker for carbon fiber. I'm sort of a case junky though. I don't believe in one perfect case, I usually have several for different occasions. I tend to be hard on phones so I like to have something on it just to keep it from getting beat up. I'll probably pick up an Otterbox by spring time for piece of mine when the phone is on the boat with me.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I got a Griffin Survivor case at the Verizon store. It is similar to the Otterbox, but has more port holes covered. It is bulkier than I thought I would like, but it gives you a real sense of security to have it on. I usually use a lot of cases, but every time I think of taking it off and trying another one something whispers not to, that this case is the real deal in protection.

It is listed as a pre-order on the Griffin site but the Verizon stores have them, and they are also cheaper there. They has some sort of promotion, and it was listed as $29.99, and I paid sale price of $23.99. They will apparently have other colors too. This one is black.

Here is a fun vid on it:

Griffin Technology: ARMORED - Ready for Anything

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Best overall protection is the otterbox defender but it has a ton of bulk. I guess the question is really what parts of you phone you want protected? I also like the Speck Fitted case and keeps the phone fairly thin but adds pretty good protection. It will also fit the Vzn iPhone

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Best overall protection is the otterbox defender but it has a ton of bulk. I guess the question is really what parts of you phone you want protected? I also like the Speck Fitted case and keeps the phone fairly thin but adds pretty good protection. It will also fit the Vzn iPhone

I had the defender and didnt like the bulk it added. I am mostly just looking for something to protect it if i drop it or it falls but dont want something huge on it.

Mk4Jetta

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the invisible shield on mine and then a case made by elago, ordered from amazon. The case doesnt add much bulk at all. I hate bulky cases. Im happy with them both.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the defender and didnt like the bulk it added. I am mostly just looking for something to protect it if i drop it or it falls but dont want something huge on it.

you may like the Speck Fitted then. Not much bulk and good protection. It will work fine for the Vzn model. And you can score some great deals on eBay. If you want to see one in person and if Vzn doesnt carry them, stop by a Att store and just check one out. They stock them. If you like it, then order it on eBay. They offer them in several different colors so what you see in store is not all of them

Reactions: shipwrestler125

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
you may like the Speck Fitted then. Not much bulk and good protection. It will work fine for the Vzn model. And you can score some great deals on eBay. If you want to see one in person and if Vzn doesnt carry them, stop by a Att store and just check one out. They stock them. If you like it, then order it on eBay. They offer them in several different colors so what you see in store is not all of them

Thanks Ill have to check those out.

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
just ordered case and holster from seido.. had it for my storm and liked it.. not to bulky and fits in holster perfectly.. hopefully one for iphone will be good.. i have dropped my storm in the past a bunch of times.. now i feel like i will have to extra careful so my iphone screen wont crack!

Martog

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Otterbox Defender, had one for my Storm 2 and didn't mind the bulk, it's a good trade off for the protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73