Screen Protector Ruin Iphone 4 Retina Display

Chavista

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
This is my observation, I have had my iPhone 4 since last August, I was totally blown away by the screen, I have never seen anythng like it on a cell phone. About 2 days later I decided to put a screen protector on it because I could not deal with that beautiful screen being damaged/scratched. It went on well no problems no air-bubles and I still had the beautiful retina display or so I thought.
Fast forward to Yesterday I gave my wife an early Valentines day gift and got her an iphone 4 Upgrade (Couldn't stand to see her plugging in her iPhone 3G every 2 hours or so) I unwrapped it and was setting it up for her yesterday and I noticed something Wwhen viewing both phones side by side her screen looked better than my own, Brighter and crisper, when I saw it, something clicked in my head, and I all-of-a-sudden remembered how my screen looked when I bought it BEFORE I PUT ON THE SCREEN PROTECTOR, I wanted to rip my screen protector of at that second.
So has anyone seen or noticed any screen quality issues after putting on a screen protector?
If the phone screen is off and I hold it at a certain angle I can actually see a kind of oily/rainbo type pattern on it, real faint but I can see it.
The sad thing is I believe that I got the protector from AT&T store.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the type of screen protector you get.

Anti Glare protectors are going to have a certain degradation of the screen image just based on how they are made and how they refract the light.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What was the brand of the screen protector? Also, have you tried to wipe it away with a micro-fiber cloth?

The only thing I can thing of when you applied the protector is that the screen wasn't cleaned initially.

Just my $0.02 cents.

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This is not news that I'm happy to hear :( because I was planning on buying one of those privacy screen protector, and I'm sure that will have even more of an effect on the retina display than a regular screen protector.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I use a crystal clear screen protector. You cant even tell its on. Im not a fan of anti-glare because it will have some effect on the retina display

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
i have the anti-glare and have no issues, maybe u have the cheap ebay version

Not unless the Power Supports that Apple sells are cheap eBay versions ;) I returned them. Ive never seen or tried a Anti-Glare that looks like a Crystal Clear Power Support. Never

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Best of the Best!

ultra_steinheil_top.jpg

Meagey

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
my brother and i both have iphone 4s, i have a screen protector since the day i got the phone, he does not, the resolution looks the same to us...the only difference now is, his screen is all scratched up and mine is perfect

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
my brother and i both have iphone 4s, i have a screen protector since the day i got the phone, he does not, the resolution looks the same to us...the only difference now is, his screen is all scratched up and mine is perfect

what brand and type?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i use a zagg invisibleSHIELD and there is a slight difference... but it's a small price to pay for quality protection

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've taken a key to my iPhone and did the same with my Droid X. It doesn't scratch.
I hate screen protectors. No reason to ruin a beautiful display with those ugly things.

mrgnzr

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've taken a key to my iPhone and did the same with my Droid X. It doesn't scratch.
I hate screen protectors. No reason to ruin a beautiful display with those ugly things.

Totally agree... Just be careful with your phone, hate screen covers and never use them.

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I've never used screen protectors on my iPhones and I never will. The glass is scratch resistant. Scratches have never been an issue for me.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I don't see any change with my zagg invisible shield in comparison to my sister-in-law's cover free iPhone 4, except for the slight dimple I in the shield up in the top corner.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree mrsFAB, the screen is scratch proof. It's funny cause no matter how much I tell all my friends about em AND prove it by using an exacto knife, they still don't believe me and keep that thing on. It just makes the screen look so blurry!!

remmy123

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand the OP. Is he saying the protector just looks terrible on his phone or has it actually in fact ruined the screen physically?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods