iCalendar File

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get an iCalendar file to sync with my phone? I would like to download the NYM (I know we are going to have a dismal season but I still would like to have it on my calendar, more for the tailgating aspect LOL) season schedule and get it to sync to my calendar.

UPDATE: Ok, after doing some research I found out you can IMPORT a calendar to your Gmail Calendar and that will sync automatically to your phone. It took a little while because there were 200 entries being made. You have to download the calendar to your laptop and then IMPORT that file to your calendar and it sets it up. The only thing I can't figure out is how to change the color, since it was imported to my existing calendar all entries are one color, I would have preferred to make it 2 separate colors but I guess that's not really a big deal. I am happy with the results and like the fact that each game has a link to gameday but gameday cant be viewed since flash player isnt available. I am happy. I love this phone, 1000000 times better than what my BB can do

Last edited:

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered creating an additional Google Calendar just for the Mets schedule? That way, if you sync your calendar with Google, you'll have the games there. And should Oliver Perez still be on the team in May, you can simply unsubscribe from that calendar and you won't be reminded daily about the real damage Bernie Madoff has wreaked upon us all...

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered creating an additional Google Calendar just for the Mets schedule? That way, if you sync your calendar with Google, you'll have the games there. And should Oliver Perez still be on the team in May, you can simply unsubscribe from that calendar and you won't be reminded daily about the real damage Bernie Madoff has wreaked upon us all...

LMAO!!!! OK, I was apple to plug the schedule on my calendar on my laptop but how do I get it to sync to my phone? When I add an event on my phone or laptop it automatically shows up on both devices but the Mets calendar doesnt show on my phone. Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo are the reason I need to tailgate LOL

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If you "unimport" (I don't know if you can do this) and then re-import as a new calendar, you can have that calendar come up a different color.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you "unimport" (I don't know if you can do this) and then re-import as a new calendar, you can have that calendar come up a different color.

Since this calendar was imported and merged with my existing calendar, there is no way to unimport this calendar without removing my exisitng calendar.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
those are the same instructions listed on the MLB site but the calendar shows up on my Google Calendar on my laptop under OTHER CALENDARS along with Holidays calendar but neither of these calendars sync with my iPhone calendar, I have my Gmail acct setup to sync mail, calendar and notes

To get a calendar you are subscribing to, or even a secondary calendar you own, to show on your iPhone, there's an almost secret Google Calendar settings page where you can select which calendars to display on your iPhone.

Go to: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

Reactions: ZOFOURTWENTY

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
To get a calendar you are subscribing to, or even a secondary calendar you own, to show on your iPhone, there's an almost secret Google Calendar settings page where you can select which calendars to display on your iPhone.

Go to: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks dude!!!! That is all I needed!!! It's color coordinated and all, all I have to do now is manually remove the 200 entries from my regular calendar which is no big deal. Thanks again!!

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
No problem - I should have mentioned that to begin with, but I had that set up several months ago on my iPod Touch and forgot about it. Why doesn't Google put that on the "settings" page? Why doesn't Google allow you to mass-delete calendar entries?

Lets Go Mets!

Reactions: ZOFOURTWENTY

mgrayo01

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off notifications for all the events from an iCal file? I uploaded the Mets schedule to my Gmail calendar and synced with my iPhone calendar but don't want to get notifications for the Mets games. I just want to be able to view them on my iPhone calendar. Can I do this without going into each event and turning off the notification?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No problem - I should have mentioned that to begin with, but I had that set up several months ago on my iPod Touch and forgot about it. Why doesn't Google put that on the "settings" page? Why doesn't Google allow you to mass-delete calendar entries?

Lets Go Mets!

better yet, why doesn't Google have this as a step in the instructions when downloading a calendar, its a simple 5 or 6 step process but without that sync step, its all for nothing. Thanks again dude!

And yes, LET'S GO METS!!! I'm a member of the It Hurts Being A Mets Fan on FB, they setup trips to Citi and tailgating parties and watching parties. Pretty cool group. This is the main reason I wanted the schedule on my phone

Last edited:

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off notifications for all the events from an iCal file? I uploaded the Mets schedule to my Gmail calendar and synced with my iPhone calendar but don't want to get notifications for the Mets games. I just want to be able to view them on my iPhone calendar. Can I do this without going into each event and turning off the notification?

Do you mean there's a reminder on all of the calendar entries? Is that what you're trying to turn off?

mgrayo01

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean there's a reminder on all of the calendar entries? Is that what you're trying to turn off?

Well, as of now, I ONLY have the Mets schedule on my Google calendar. I want to turn off notifications for the Mets games, but keep on notifications for other events that I add (either manually or other iCal files). Possible?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

That's weird, my schedule uploaded with the ALERTS set to off on all entries. Where did you download the schedule from? Mine was from the MLB site directly

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I use flogs.com, you can search any team and see what they have (I wanted english and spanish league football (soccer) teams and they had them all). I have it in iCal and now on my iPhone (was on blackberry) and there's no alerts or notifications for them at all

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73