Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Exclamation Dropped Calls

Anyone getting any dropped calls, antenna issues or death grip issues ?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins021 View Post
    Anyone getting any dropped calls, antenna issues or death grip issues ?
    None of the above.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    3,249 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.xx

i dropped a call today on the way home from work in an area that i have never dropped one before. i will try again tomorrow and see if it happens again.

i seem to have a good signal strength, but that is just bars and they can lie.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i dropped a call today on the way home from work in an area that i have never dropped one before. i will try again tomorrow and see if it happens again.

i seem to have a good signal strength, but that is just bars and they can lie.
    i have dropped 4 calls today at my home where i always have good verizon signal i even had 3 bars when it dropped the calls so i called verizon they had me dial *228 and that seems to have fixed the problem so we'll see
    Thanked by:
    VZiPhoneFinally (02-15-2011)
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Having similar issues. I dropped 3 calls in my office which has poor service but passable in most cases. The iPhone dropped them . Then driving home, I dropped 2 calls in an area I have never dropped before. This is all after *228. I am very nervous. Can't have a phone that doesn't hold calls.
    iPhone Newbie

I haven't had a problem I just got mine today
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

I've had my iPhone since monday afternoon. I have been using it everyday. Numerous calls, texts and data usage. I have not had ANY issues. This phone gets better reception and call quality than my BB storm 2 ever did. Im a happy camper!!
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    iOS Version

No problems here.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

No problems so far...
    iPhone Newbie

I got my phone on monday. Not one dropped call. I had an hour conversation through the poconos mountains. Trust me when I tell you that I would have dropped that call tons of times with ATT. I do have to say that I have had a case on it since I got it. So I don't have a death grip issue.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

No problems at all!
    Verizon Iphone 4

I will not miss the daily battery pull on my BB Storm.
    VZW iPhone4~(2) iPad~various iPods~Apple TV
    iMore Newbie

Had mine since Mon. afternoon & NO problems at all. I usually have dropped calls when talking to my son on his at&t iphone, but so far so good. Previous issue was probably on his end anyway,lol!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by tcoche View Post
    I've had my iPhone since monday afternoon. I have been using it everyday. Numerous calls, texts and data usage. I have not had ANY issues. This phone gets better reception and call quality than my BB storm 2 ever did. Im a happy camper!!
    Ditto. So much better than the pre I gave up.
     Verizon iPhone 5 Black (32GB)  iPad (32GB Black WiFi 3rd gen)  20" iMac Core2Duo  3rd gen TV 
     Everyone in the house has an iPhone or iPod touch, all our computers are Mac 
    iPhone Newbie

No problems here either. Phone has been flawless for me.
    iPhone Newbie

No dropped calls for me either (I got my phone on 2-7).
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

I have had no issues have had a good strong signal everywhere I go
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

I had one dropped call at my house but that's because my house is in BFE and I can't get reception with almost any phone. I have better reception with the iPhone though than my previous phones which I am very happy about. Everywhere else I have great reception and no problems.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1 (JB)

Have had mine since Monday and started making and receiving a number of calls today. I've had 2 dropped calls, both at my home. Calls from other places were strong and clear.

I'm a little concerned about the 2 dropped calls. My iPhone automatically connects to my home wifi and I have more signal bars at home than I had on my VZW BB Bold.

One of the calls dropped as 2 emails were arriving. I was under the impression that emails wouldn't come through if I was using the phone, just like every other phone I've used on VZW. I don't want emails to take precedence over phone calls so I want to keep an eye on that. It's possible that the call dropped before I realized it and then the emails arrived.
    Go home; have a few drinks; go to sleep; get up tomorrow; do it all again, only better. House, MD
    iPhone Experts

iOS Version

None whatsoever. Exchange issues yesterday, but nothing beyond that.
    iPhone 5 16GB / 21.5" iMac. 3.06GHz OSX Mountain Lion/ Apple TV 2nd Gen/ iPad Gen2, 16GB.
    iPhone Newbie

Previous Vz phone was an LG Cosmos. iPhone reception is definitely better.
    iMore Newbie

Not one dropped call on my ViP yet.

In fact, it gets a much better signal than my LG EN-V Touch crappy phone that I upgraded from.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

None nada zip!!!! No issues with the iPhone and I've had it since Monday.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0 Beta1

No issues at all. Matter of fact this phonie gets the best signal strength of any phone I have ever own
    Owner of : Verizon iPhone 5s Space Grey 64 GB and new iPad 4th Generation 16 GB Wifi
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

I do not want to rain on the parade, but I have been a Verizon user at least 6 years and never dropped a call no matter how far in the sticks I have driven on my job. Then all of a sudden about a month ago I started dropping every phone call I make or receive. Most of my neighbors have Verizon service too and they are all dropping calls. Called CS, we all have, and they end up calling us back in a few days reporting they have cleared up the problem. Yep, Right. Still dropping calls just not every one.

I was instructed to hit # # # send after each dropped call to mark it for the tech people. So I do, but I have not been irritated enough to call them back yet.

Went to the store in town and tried to get help, and was told, "Oh we are upgrading the towers to have more capacity for the new demand from the iPhone's It will clear up in a few days."

Personally, IMO, they are spending all their money on LTE to the detriment of the 3G network. Their idea of fixing it is to have a tech ping your local tower which fixes the problem for a few hours most of the time but they do not go to towers to see what is going on and troubleshoot the problems.

I would change carriers but this is the best of all of them in my area, so I am stuck. But seriously considering getting my land line back or a magic jack for the computer. Not sure how that would work because I have to use Hughes net for internet.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

No issues here either.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast